New to forum

CAhunter

Beginner
Sep 10, 2009
Hey guys! Been viewing the site for a few weeks and today signed up. I have recently just started reloading my own ammo and LOVE IT. Have been working on a lot of rifles and will post some pics as soon as I can. Heres a 257WBY accumark with Swarovski 6-18x50mm BR reticle. I Have really enjoyed working on this gun as well as my others.

100_0223.jpg

CAhunter":d93j27my said:
Hey guys! Been viewing the site for a few weeks and today signed up. I have recently just started reloading my own ammo and LOVE IT. Have been working on a lot of rifles and will post some pics as soon as I can. Heres a 257WBY accumark with Swarovski 6-18x50mm BR reticle. I Have really enjoyed working on this gun as well as my other.

Welcome to the best forum on the web. Pull up a chair and enjoy. Great setup you have. I have been handloading for a 357 Bee for ages! If you need anything just ask. Great folks here.

Glad to have you on board, CAhunter. I believe the fellows here can be a source of great information for you, and you will no doubt make a contribution as you participate. The 257 Wby is a great rig, and that is some serious glass you have on top.

CAhunter

Welcome to the forum, glad you decided to join in on the fun.
Nice looking rig you have there. What load(s) are you shooting?

JD338

Love the 257Wby and especially the Mark V. Great rifle and cartridge. Welcome to the forum and know that you are in a good, friendly environment where you can find lots of support and help. Glad to have you on board.

Welcome aboard. There are a lot of 'bee lovers on here, and a lot of hunters, shooters, and handloaders. Plenty of information and I've learned a ton!

CAhunter
We have all the answers :roll: and some lively discussions. It is the best on the web and you can learn from novice to expert on most gun related subjects here. We may be opinionated on issues but that's a reflection of the incredible expertise and experience base involved. We hope to share your experiences and ours and learn together.
Welcome aboard :grin: We have a lot of california hunters here, including me.
Greg

Cahunter,
Welcome aboard! From where do you hail? I am in the Northern CA bay area, have 2 257 wbys...
Hardpan

Hardpan,

Which side of the Bay are you on? I lived in Daly City for several years while conducting post-doctoral work at the med center. I still have a number of friends in SF, Vallejo and Walnut Creek.

POP......Could you send me one of those 357WM cartridges as I do not have one for my collection and they must be rare??? :wink:
Just being a smart ass :oops:
This IS a great forum and the people on it are civil about things.

JD I have just started on the 257 but am playing with the 100grTTSX barnes. I am using norma brass, 215M primers and have just started with Ramshot Magnum. I also have h1000 RL22 RL25. I havnt shot them yet but hope to as soon as CA deer season is over(2 weeks). Ill post pics as soon as I shoot them. Thanks for the welcome guys!

CAhunter

The 100 gr Barnes TX is a proven performer and should seal the deal for you. Nosler will be introducing a 100 gr E-Tip in the future. That one should be a dandy bullet to try. :grin:

JD338

Hardpan,

I've been there on several occasions. I harvested pig ovaries at an abattoir in Stockton for a year during research in OB/GYN at USCSF Med Center. It took me through the area. There are quite a few fellows from CA here. There was some good country there, but I never got to hunt while doing post-doctoral studies. I did a little fishing, and that was it.

Back