New To me Ruger Number 1S in 30-06

Rol_P

Handloader
Nov 23, 2013
IMG_2341.JPG

These are the first targets shot with my Ruger Number 1S in 30-06. I picked it up on the way home from vacation earlier this month and yesterday was the first opportunity to try it out. The target on the left is fired with the same loads that I have developed, and shoot well in my Remington 700CDL and Montana ASR 30-06's. Not only does the rifle have beautiful wood, it now shows that it is accurate.

Needless to say I am very pleased, load development is a thing of the past, until I get the itch to try something different, but why try to fix what ain't broke. :grin:

That's some nice shooting Rol.
It's a shame it didn't test your reload development skills :grin:
It took all the fun out of working up a load :lol:

Very encouraging. You must be some pleased with the way that rifle is delivering the goods! Looks as if you did well in picking that up.

I really LIKE that target on the left. Wow!

Nicely done, and that model of Number One handles very, very well. Enjoy!

I'd guess it would be a good idea to figure out what was going on with the very first shot on that target though. If I was shooting, I'd figure it was me. But might be something with the rifle or scope.

Guy

IMG_2352.JPGIMG_2350.JPG

The scope is too large for hunting, but is very good for load development and sighting in..
The LGS says he wants to be there when I put the first scratch on it to see the tears running down my face :( :(

Beautiful rifle... Looks even better with the way it bug holes your handloads.

Nice rifle. I love those Number Ones!! Hard to go wrong with a 30-06 as well! Man a nice 6x36 or 6x42mm Leupold sure would look sweet on there, especially the slightly smaller 6x36. A nice 2.5-10x36mm Leupold would look very nice also. Just trying to help..............just trying to help!

Beautiful no. 1. Just move the scope 3" right and go hunting.

JD338

Back