nice old car

fun car , has a snappy small block , with a 4 speed . he sold it years ago

P5040211.JPG

P5040213.JPG

this guy always had flashy hot rods , flame paint jobs , super charged engines . then he builds this, plain white with a big block engine .
P6250777.JPG

P6250780.JPG

P6250783.JPG

P6250784.JPG

Took this shot of my friend Terry in one of his last races. He sold the race car at the end of the season last year and got into car shows, and is considering getting back into drag racing. This Camaro was his oval track racer, and he did well with it for many years. I always loved the paint job! These days he's got an early Comet, set up for drag racing but more or less street legal. I don't have a photo of it yet. It's taking trophies in the car show circuit here in the Northwest.
lj7MIyVl.jpg

Photo of a photo, my 1966 Ford Fairlane, about 1975 or so. I rebuilt the 289 with help from a friend's dad. Transpack. etc... It looked & sounded good, but wasn't really very fast. :)

GA1A53Ml.jpg

jimbires":1oec3vss said:
about 8 years ago I put this car together . the frame was carried in , and the rest of it was brought to me in boxes . it took me about 6 months , during winter , to get it all assembled . I'd do what I could then get it to the body shop for him to get some work done . then I'd get it back and get what I could . the car was between me and a body shop many times that winter . I've had it here for a month or so , I just haven't had the time for projects . I put a fuel injection kit on it , he wants some other things too . thought you guys might enjoy a nice old car .
View attachment 4]

LOVE the 1957 Chevy!! The 55-57 Chevy's are just wonderful to look at. When I was a small kid my father had a 1957 Chevy with the straight 6. My grandfather had I believe it was a 1956 or 1957 Chevy pickup. Wow loved that thing. Again 55-57 Chevy pickups are amazing. I saw a 1957 Chevy pickup up hunting one day in High School with my father and a hunter came around the mountain road we were on and he was driving this beautiful truck that was a 4x4. Not sure if it was the body on a newer pickup frame etc., or if it was one of those Napco (is that correct) ones you could get.

Dr . Mike that's what I get too .

chevy el camino , with a laguna front end . I put together a hot 406 small block for this guy . almost to much for a street car .

P7190216.JPG

P7190215.JPG

The El Camino and the Ranchero were a couple of beautiful vehicles. Not particularly useful, but decidedly handsome. That El Camino is lovely. And with a 406... Wow!

I like the looks of them too , just not very practical .

here's another '57 . if I remember right this one was a high option car . it had a/c , power steering , power brakes .I think he called it a power pack . this guy has owned a bunch of '57s , he buys and sells .

P7220503.JPG

P7220502.JPG

P7220501.JPG

Attachments

• Photo007.JPG
    Photo007.JPG
    700.1 KB · Views: 727
Man some beautiful work there Jim. I'm a Chevy guy myself but like any older muscle or classic car. Hard to beat those Chevy small blocks.

That old Chevelle is a good looking car. Looks like a 1967. I had a 1968, little different body style. Mine had a 327 in it out of a Corvette. Needless to say I tried out its max horsepower output many times. Ha. Good times.

yes , it's a 1967 . the guy that has it has a few old cars , never runs any of them .

Hey, that old Chevelle is a real beauty! I love classic cars, and it's awesome to hear about your experience with a '68 model. Bet that 327 engine gave you some serious power on the road. Good times indeed! Funny enough, my grandpa used to have a similar car back in the day. It's always nice to reminisce about these classic rides. By the way, if you ever find yourself in need of a long distance towing service, I came across some info online that might come in handy. I'm new to this forum, but I'm excited to be part of the conversation. Feel free to reach out if you have any more stories or need any assistance.

Last edited:
Boy did you bring back some memories. In 1968 I left the Military and the first thing that caught my eye was a Ford Fairline (If I remember correctly) with a 427 under the hood. Needless to say I had fun with that car for a while. What a gas burner. The New England weather took its toll and I unloaded it for an International Scout. (Remember those). The New England Salt took care of that vehicle!!!!

I sure am surprised to see this thread brought back up , I'm smiling from ear to ear . it definitely takes me back, for a walk down memory lane . I'm glad you guys enjoyed looking at these old car pics I posted .

@diverdown , I do remember the old scouts , and the bigger scout II . they were both rusty vehicles . they seemed to run good , and got around like bill goats . it would be around the same time you're talking , my uncle bought a mercury cyclone when he came home from Vietnam . it had the big 427 , 428 , 429 ( I'm not sure what one ) engine in it with a 4 speed trans. I was just a kid . that car was nice . he didn't keep it very long .

My Dad had a Scout, don't recall if it was the Scout II or not. Before I was old enough to drive on the roads legally so probably 13-15 I ran that thing like a 4 wheeler. Couldn't hurt it. 3 speed on the floor and I remember I'd wind it up all it would go in 3rd gear low range 4WD out across about a 20 acre cut field in the winter with snow...........get to the end and jam it down in 2'cnd and keep it held to the floor with the wheel cranked bouncing and sliding,
engine screaming. Head for the other end and do the same thing. Could not hurt it. Well I guess I could........Dad was turning into our local convenience store and the tie rod end broke off. Wonder what made that????

Until I was about 20, I was not fit for anything of value if it had a motor in it. How fast could it go, how bad could I beat it up and it not break.

Back