Nikon Lens Damaged

DaveA37

Beginner
Jan 2, 2010
During my recent outing to Wyoming, I must have caused some damage to the lens face on my Nikon 10-42 Monarch Binos. I have no idea how that happened as I carry them around my neck using a shoulder harness and INSIDE my jacket. Most often, I keep the lens covers on them but alas, must have missed getting them on at some time during the hunt. None-the-less, I now want to see if Nikon will be able to repair them. I believe the damage is only on the lens face coating but I have no idea of being sure of that assumption. Hopefully Nikon can fix them.

Anyone know how I can get to Nikon to find out if such repairs can be made? (Phone number or email, etc?????)

DaveA37

Contacted Nikon via email and they have jumped on the fix right away. I will be sending the bino's off this week. So far, good customer service response. :)

SJB358":3ypjhnsx said:
Dave, that is great to hear. Hope they fix them up properly.

They usually will send out a new pair. I know a guy who lost one of the rubber eye cups and they wanted him to send his binos in so he did and he got a new pair back.

No such luck getting a new pair. Nikon emailedback and advised the repair (just have to recoat that particular lens) would cost $10.00 plus return shipping @ $12.50. I paid for the repair with my Visa card right away (earlier this month).

Got a bill in the mail yesterday saying I owe them $22.50. A quick phone call back to their 800 number resolved the problem. Bino's are being shipped tomorrow.

Hopefully, they won't get lost in the holiday package delivery rush someplace.

Good to hear that they fixed you issue fast and did not charge you very much considering what coatings cost now.

It is good to know that they cared for you. Recoating isn't a bad deal in this instance.

Bino's arrived via Fed-Ex yesterday and look like a new pair.

Nikon claimed to be very busy when I last spoke with them indicating the bino's "round trip" would take about a month due to back-log. They were pretty accurate on their estimate.

Mission complete.

Good report. In all, I'd say it was good service. Thanks for keeping everyone up to date.

All is well that ends well.
Glad Nikon took good care of you.

JD338

Back