NM Non Resident Hunting Reg Update

HOGWILD338-378

Handloader
Aug 22, 2012
Not sure if anyone has drawn for these hunts but it looks like NM has reduced the non resident draw percentage and you should know about it if you are affected and I hope you are not but I sadly feel a lotta guys will be! Ibex, Oryx and sheep but not sure which sheep are affected but quota's have been implemented for no residents and it was not in your favor!

http://www.huntingreport.com/worldupdat ... icleid=656

I was expecting this to happen. Too bad as I really like hunting in New Mexico.
My last trip, I spent an extra week taking in the sights and trout fishing in NW NM. Ended up dropping some bucks into the local economys. You'd think that would count for something.
A non resident hunt is still doable via the outfitter sponsored pool or by purchasing a landowner tag. A few years ago I put in a lot of phone time looking for a ranch only elk tag for a solo DIY hunt. I got nowhere with that.
I still want to hunt NM again but most likely will go for Colorado again.

Rite now it's only on Sheep, Oryx, & Ibex and NM has a huge poaching issue that has been outta control for years! I am thinking about a Gila Elk hunt in 16 D next year and I have just got my 6th mule deer point for Colorado so I am just about ready to do a hunt in Colorado! I think OTC elk is a player in Colorado for sure as they have a lotta them !

Back