No more "Outfitter" version?

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
I don't see the "Outfitter" version of Nosler's rifle listed on their web page anymore. Phooey.

It had the shorter barrel length and iron sights on the rifle. Seemed to be mostly offered in no-nonsense type cartridges.

Well heck. Must not have been selling enough of them.

Guy

Guy,

I went to the website and selected the option for custom rifle builder. The M48 Outfitter popped up at the advertisement for $1495. However, when I clicked on the ad, it gave me a page that said the item had been removed. It read:

Product Information / Product Availability

From time to time we remove a product from our website, the reasons this could occur involve the following:

- We do not have the item in stock

- It may be some time before the item is available again

- The item has been discontinued

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, please see related products in any of the following categories:

Ammunition | Bullets | Brass | Rifles
d.

I suppose this could be an interruption based on their ability to get workers in the shop.

They discontinued it a few years ago. I went by their booth at SHOT a few years ago to look at one, but there weren't any. Asked the guy and he said it didn't sell well.

Ah. Ya, that figures. I thought it was one of the more appealing versions of the Nosler rifle.

Thanks, Guy

Agreed. They had them on sale in 35 Whelen and I almost pulled the trigger, but decided I wanted CRF. In the end I'll spend way more $$$ getting the rifle setup the same.

Guy Miner":2v7100e9 said:
Ah. Ya, that figures. I thought it was one of the more appealing versions of the Nosler rifle.

Thanks, Guy

I did as well. Looked like a pretty well thought out rifle.

Yah, one of my regrets is not snagging a 30-06 or 35 Whelen. My Heritage 7-08 was a good rifle. I always looked at the Outfitter as a great up close and personal rifle, in the hand, with a Vari-X 3, 1.5x5 mounted low in Talley QD's. My Heritage had a Rifle Basics trigger that I couldn't warm up to. The other issue that I have with the M48 is the lack of a bolt lock safety. Couldn't get past the trigger and safety to jump on an Outfitter. That was a common sense hunting rifle.

Back