Norma Bullets

Slimfinn

Handloader
Nov 28, 2018
Anyone use them? Was looking at their Oryx and Bondstrike and haven't heard much on people using them

I'm sure they make fantastic bullets but they are so expensive. Just for plain ole deer hunting I just can't justify the cost.

Oryx are sledge hammers they really knock deer down. I will be trying the bondstrikes and the tipstrikes but really like the Oryx bullets most shots are instant drops but if they run they leave massive blood trails, this with the 165 grain 30/06 Oryx out of my model 70.

how much do you spend on deer hunting--gas/tags/rifle and scope/cost of transportation/camping stuff(or RV) and other extensives?? I bet a lot more than the cost of those bullets or even loaded ammo. Then consider the bullet is the only thing that contacts the animal and determines if you are successful or not and is the cheapest part of the hunt even if it was $10 each. Now tell me how you cannot justify the cost for a quality bullet which will work even on a poorly placed shot.

A few decades ago they were highly regarded, especially for Weatherby Shooters. Their brass was the best. Then they dissappeared from the U.S. market for many years, or at least they were difficult to find. I am not sure where they rank in quality now.

I'm sure they make fantastic bullets but they are so expensive. Just for plain ole deer hunting I just can't justify the cost.
no they are not cheap, but actually much more reasonable than PT's and AB's 🤫

N/Oryx 180 - that's a pretty tough bullet, with the bonded core. Low BC - .354 ... I wouldn't be afraid to use it on deer or wild boar up to 250-350 yards, depending on the Vo you can get .

Back