Nosler 11oAb in 270 Win

wvbuckbuster

Handloader
Nov 5, 2015
Has anybody tried the Nosler 110 AB in a 270 Win? Curious as how it performed on whitetail deer. Thinking it might be a good long-range bullet. Any thoughts on this? Dan.

The higher velocity would certainly offer a flatter trajectory but a higher BC would be a better one way to go as it will retain velocity and energy at long range.

JD338

When I still had my 270 Wby, I played with the 110 gr bullets looking for a flat shooting load.
In a Browning B-78 with its 28" barrel, I was getting 3900 fps.
Zeroed for 200 yards, it would only be down 22.8" @ 500, where it would still be moving along @ 2617 fps and carrying 1673 ft lbs of energy.
Sorry, never did shoot any game with it.
Would imagine that any whitetail would succumb quickly to those numbers at that range.

While the 270 Win won't get the same velocity, it should still be impressive, and provide similar performance to what would be experienced by the 257 Wby, with more frontal area imparting more smack on impact.

I did work up a load for the Sierra 110 gr but didn't get the opportunity to try it out this past season. On the bucket list for 2022. If I find some of the 110 AB I will certainly give them a try. My long-range thinking is 200-350 yds. Behind the shoulder should wreck the lungs. Dan.

Back