Nosler 52 gr Solid Base 22 cal and 100 gr Solid Base 25 cal

Dec 13, 2004
Need reloading data for the above bullets. I ran on to them at a garage sale for $1.00 per box. Got 4 boxes of each. Hope someone has an old book with the data for these or someone at Nosler has current load data for these bullets. Thanks for any help.

You should be able to find load data for these two slugs in almost any reloading manual. Maybe the 52gr .224 is a bit odd but start low from the 50gr data and work up a load. I'd start with the Nosler book or Sierra book. Sorry guys but anyone reloading should have at least 4 reloading boods and several websites.

Impressive to find such a low price on useful bullets. Usually you only expect to find the really weird stuff cheap.

Thanks for the reply. I have the books, Nosler, Sierra, and Hornady. Version 5 of the Nosler Reloading Manual does not have a listing for the 52 gr solid base 22 cal #35640. If it did I would not have posted asking for the data. Nor does it have the data for the 100 gr solid base 25 cal #30402, only has data for the balistic tip 100 gr. If I knew that the bullets were the same other than one having a lead head and the other have a plastic head I would use the data. However, I don't know!

"Need reloading data for the above bullets. I ran on to them at a garage sale for $1.00 per box."
How would you like to double your money? :p

Hi Pancho,
I'm shooting a 223 Rem 700 BDL Varmit with a Douglas barrel and a 25-06 Rem 700 BDL with factory barrel. Hope you have an old manual with the data.

Hi 2ndTimer,
Thanks but not thanks. Just would like very much to get the correct loading data from an old Nosler Manual or maybe Nosler has some current information laying around that they would share.

Since you want to double my money, you must have lots of info on these. The 25 cal has a price sticker on each box of $8.45 for a box of 100, the 22 cal does not have a price on the box of 100. I thought that was a good deal. Asked the lady and she said give me a buck a box for all of them and they are yours. Didn't have to think about that deal.

Don't know how old they are, but the boxes are red and black.

Sandhills, Nosler #3 shows same data as Ballistic Tip for the 100 gr. solid base for the 26-06.
For the 223 same manual gives H335 as best powder, 24 grs. as most accurate. Other than that the data is the same as the latest manual gives for the 50 gr. NBT
If the 52 gr. bullets are hollow points I would only use them on paper. Match bullets usually don't perform on game.
Pancho

Hi Pancho, Thanks so much for the information. I have been reloading since the mid 60's and have always used data from the bullet manufacturer's manual. I moved back to South Carolina in 1994 to take care of my mother after the death of my father and left all my books and most of my reloading equipment with a friend in New Mexico. Told him they were his when I left. Have just started reloading again and just purchased all new manuals and new equipment. Just can't see taking a chance on a sudden pressure peak because of a different bullet design.

The bullets are spitzers soft point solid base for both. I will be mostly killing paper with them but I used the 25-06 many years ago to hunt deer with the same bullet and will do the same here in SC.

I got tired of going to a friends house and using his make shift range to shoot, so last fall I put a 100 yard range in my back yard. My bench which is 3.5 inches thick concrete on cement block legs is about 20 yards from my back door. Will be adding a 200 yard range next to the 100 later this year. I got really lazy and put two shooting benches under the shed on the north side of my barn. I never have to worry about the sun, rain, and very little about the wind. My shooting lane is parallel to the woods and about 15 feet in the open from the woods. Wish I lived further from civilization. It's nice that all my neighbors like to shoot as much as I do so I just let them use the range and they don't complain if there's noise early on Saturday morning.

Thanks again for the information. I knew I could count on someone here for the information.

Back