Nosler Ballistics App Now Available

NoslerMP

Range Officer
Jun 1, 2011
The official Nosler Ballistics App for iPad, iPhone, and Android is now available!

Nosler Ballistics is a trajectory calculator and range log. Nosler Ballistics contains data for all Nosler bullets, making it quick and easy to calculate the trajectory of your load. This application calculates trajectory, windage, velocity, energy and bullet flight time for any valid range, and can compensate for atmospheric conditions such as temperature, barometric pressure, humidity, and altitude (it can also accept density of air or density altitude input).

iTunes
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nosler-ballistics/id535519945?mt=8&ls=1

Android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sImNvbS5ub3NsZXIubW9iaWxlLmJhbGxpc3RpY3MiXQ..

It is a great app Mason. Pretty easy to use and works well as far as I can tell. Will give it a much better workout once I am home, but from what I have seen so far, it is nice. Great work.

Scott,

There isn't a way to input a 1.5" high at 100yd sight-in directly, but you can play with the "zero range" data field which is located in the "settings" area under "sighting characteristics"

If you set the "zero range" for 200 yds, it should get you pretty close to 1.5" high at 100yds. Then, you can make small adjustments, i.e. 180yd "zero range" until you get to 1.5" high at 100yds. Unfortunately, it is trial and error.

I currently have the winchester ballistics but it is limited to there factory loads, it was a free app. I see Nosler has 2 listed a free one and a 3.99 one . Is the one worth a few bucks much better then the free one?

For now, the app will only be available for iPhone/iPad and Android

The data for the two apps (free and $3.99) is the same, but the $3.99 version has some updated displays and features including the ability to import weather and wind data.

Is this type of program going to be made available to Mac PC user? Or perhaps offered as an interactive link at Nosler.com such as Winchesters?

I put it on I-phone & I-Pad works great just wish it would let you zoom in to read, I have 20 20 Vision but on I-Phone numbers are small & hard to read. I don't know why but when I use Noslers Ballistics vs Hornady Ballistics I get different info Why ?I have a 264 Win Mag using Noslers 120gr BT, BC .458, FPS 3200, Altitude 4000, Pressure 25.53, Temp 32F Humidty 62%, Max Range 800 yds. Drag Function G1. Who's Right Nosler or Hornady ?

Maybe run it across JBM/Bullet Flight or something like that to get some numbers?

So far everything has jibed with Hornady's ballistic program. Not only for Nosler's pre-loaded bullets but also for some I manually entered.

Wow - just loaded the $3.99 version on my fancy new smarty-pants phone and my goodness - the app trajectory matches what my .308 actually does in the field - perfectly to 600 yards.

Good stuff!

the app trajectory matches what my .308 actually does in the field - perfectly to 600 yards.

Now, Guy, are you quite certain that is the case? Or does your .308 match the Nosler Ballistic App? :shock:

Just updated my ipod touch to the new OS. Now the app has most of the categories on the left hand side of the screen are cut off. Is there a fix for this?

Back