Nosler Brass

jiggs

Beginner
Dec 5, 2005
I have nosler bass for my 300rum how may loads shoud i get before I have to trim

jiggs,

That is tough to say because there are some variables.
Chamber dimensions
Full length resizing vs Neck sizing
Starting or mild loads vs Max loads

My "swag" would be after 2-4 firings, trim them up.

What are you loading in your 300 RUM?

JD338

You should probably check the OAL of the brass each time, but I would wager that you will not need to trim until the fourth time. JD338 is correct about the variables being load type and chamber size.

How is this new Nosler brass performing compared to other brass? About to buy some in 22-250 and just wondering, the current lot of brass I am using is from the 70's! I know its old but I was going threw the gun safe and found my dads old 22-250, in fact the first loads I shot threw it were from 1979! I convinced him to buy a new savage heavy barreled 250 though! :wink:

The Nosler brass is doing very well. The uniformity of the brass is excellent. Not to mention how much time a person saves using brass that is already trimmed to length, flash hole de-burred, sized and chamfered on the case mouth. The weight sorting is very nice feature as well. You should see plenty of case life for the 22-250.

this brass rocks just wish nosler could get it acoss the border I would us it in all my rifles ---- nosler have any plans to make 338 win mag brass?

I hope that we will offer the 338win mag brass. Don't worry, you have a guy on the inside that will be pushing for the cartridge. That is one of my favorites. Unfortunately we will have to wait and see.

hey jiggs I just finished shooting my .223 with nosler brass and found a 50% increase in consitency, and my groups shrunk down to 1/2 in. to 3/4in. with every group and no more no flyers. best 5 shot is .435 and best 3 shot is .377!!! and those were only my startin loads!!!

And what about 375 H&H ? Will Nosler brass be available in the future ???

We will have to wait and see. I cannot divulge or do not know what will be available for 2008. Besides, it would spoil the surprise! :wink:

Back