Nosler BT and CT bullets

talldrink

Beginner
Nov 3, 2006
I have been loading the balistic tips in several of my rifles and they shoot great. Been thinking of playing with the CT silver tip. Are they the same bullet with the coating on them or are they completely different design? The BT's worked great on the deer I have shot but they idea of less fowling and lower pressure of the CT's appeal to me.

I do not think you will see a difference.

Same bullet. Nosler makes this bullet for Winchester, they just change the colr of the polycarbonate tip. Winchester adds their Luxalox exterier coating.

JD338

I have used both the BT and the CT BT. I load both of them with the same amount and kind of powder, and the only difference I have found is that the CT hits about a half inch higher at 100 yards. They both have the same performance on deer, and both do .50" or less at 100 yds from my rifle.

The Ballistic Tip and the Ballistic Silvertip are the same bullet with different color tips and a different coating on one. The Lublox coating is a black oxide that reduces friction and barrel wear. It is more expensive though.

Bought a box of 130 gr CT for my 270 WSM. Went out this morn and shot them In the 26 inch barrel they shoot average of 3350FPS and they actually shot tighter groups than the BT. Great bullets. Must be my rifle likes the coating.

talldrink":20hesk0l said:
Bought a box of 130 gr CT for my 270 WSM. Went out this morn and shot them In the 26 inch barrel they shoot average of 3350FPS and they actually shot tighter groups than the BT. Great bullets. Must be my rifle likes the coating.

What rifle ? 26" barrel?

Back