Nosler cartridges

mjcmichigan

Handloader
Dec 26, 2016
Anyone using the Nosler family? 26, 30, or 33 Nosler cartridges?

Then if yes, what's your rifle? I see Nosler and Christiansen is making it...

Do you think the family will catch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not here, but if I were selecting a big game cartridge for western North America and I wanted a factory (not wildcat) chambering I would look hard at the 28 Nosler. The 26 is good too but there are a bunch of really good 7 mm bullets

If the number of rifles being built by a local custom shop is any indication, it looks like the 26 and 28 are doing well in norther BC and Alberta. I know that they were excited when the 26 came out, but are even more impressed with the 28. If I didn't already have great rifles in 280 and the STW, I would probably be
looking at it.

I haven't talked to them about the 30 or 33 yet.

When I get to the point to replace the 338 Win Mag, I may take a hard look at the 33 Nosler before starting the project.

Talked to the custom shop today about the 30 and 33 Nosler. They have built a few 30's and so far the reports are very good. Sharp recoil akin to the 300 Wby in lightweight rifles, so be prepared if you are not a fan of recoil. They have not yet played with the 33.

Interesting side note;
They are having some real problems with the factory 6.5-300 Wby rifles and factory ammo...4 rifles and cannot get much better than 4 MOA. Needless to say they have one very unhappy customer!

I have a 26 Nosler. It's a Fierce Carbon Edge. I'm shooting 130 Berger VLD's at 3340 with 74 grains of Retumbo. I'm getting sub 1/2 MOA with it currently. A lot of 26's and 28's have been built and are being built.
f2c427ce78b368306fc9f8e626cddda4.jpg

Very nice! Great animal to initiate that 26 Nosler

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back