Nosler going out of business?

jezzolo

Handloader
Nov 14, 2005
Did nosler go out of business? Their products are no where to be found anyplace. Specifically looking for 168gr ballistic tips in.308 dia. All the other stuff is not there either. Hardly nothing on gun broker even.

Yep,,, they have exactly 0 .308 bullets in stock lol in the 168gr anyway. No ballistic tips at all.

Nosler is healthy and doing well. They are trying to keep up with the demand that won't let up. Keep checking for seconds. They will become available after the fall hunting seasons are over.

JD338

With that thinking you could say the whole firearms industry has gone out of business. You can't find anything. LOL

1Shot":2qc9pmjm said:
With that thinking you could say the whole firearms industry has gone out of business. You can't find anything. LOL

Man, that is a fact!

Well what is the problem?? Smokeless powder is out of stock on every site, billets are the same ... I don’t get it. We aren’t at war ,more than usual. Think they would fill all the orders and make a mint.

everything is hard to get , it seems . lumber , windows , anything gun related , refrigerators , freezers . certain auto parts have been hard for me to get . I think it has a lot to do with the virus . states are partially shut down , guys were getting $600 extra when laid off so why work . I had a hard time getting rid of my scrap tires . the garages were slow or shut down . so they weren't selling tires. the scrap tire guys had nothing to pick up , so they laid off the guys . the guys got $600 extra , so they didn't want to come back to work . when they came about a week ago ,there were 2 new guys on the truck . the old guys wouldn't come back , so they hired new .

jezzolo":1c8tox75 said:
Well what is the problem?? Smokeless powder is out of stock on every site, billets are the same ... I don’t get it. We aren’t at war ,more than usual. Think they would fill all the orders and make a mint.

Well - good grief man - you're out of synch.

I'm sure Nosler, like everyone else in the firearms and ammo business, is running full shifts trying to supply an incredible demand. People are buying guns, ammo, and loading components like there's no tomorrow.

Depending on the Nov 3rd results, that might well be justified. I hope you have what you need.

Regards, Guy

Guy,,, I guess I’m out of the loop lol if they are running full shits then I should be able to order stuff. For instance midway has a huge selection listed but it’s not in stock. Can you please elaborate on nov 3rd??? But tomorrow will be here lol I’m not asking to pile up my reloading room with supply’s. Just a couple boxes to re-up my deer ammo that starts in a few weeks. Have everything but bullets.

JD338":11d0eqmw said:
Nosler is healthy and doing well. They are trying to keep up with the demand that won't let up. Keep checking for seconds. They will become available after the fall hunting seasons are over.

JD338

tHIS^

jezzolo":3qh667kh said:
Guy,,, I guess I’m out of the loop lol if they are running full shits then I should be able to order stuff. For instance midway has a huge selection listed but it’s not in stock. Can you please elaborate on nov 3rd??? But tomorrow will be here lol I’m not asking to pile up my reloading room with supply’s. Just a couple boxes to re-up my deer ammo that starts in a few weeks. Have everything but bullets.

Between the election and COVID nonsense everything is getting bought ASAP. Folks worried about the end of days and different Commander in Chief.

SJB358":3c765wgc said:
jezzolo":3c765wgc said:

Between the election and COVID nonsense everything is getting bought ASAP. Folks worried about the end of days and different Commander in Chief.

Throw in a massive surge of 1st time gun owners over the last few months buying as much ammo as they can and manufacturers probably place highest priority on the big name ammo businesses, and divert the majority of the components to supply factory ammo. And when guys do find components, they panic buy as much as they can..On a FB group I belong to a guy said he let his house payment go so he could make a big powder, primer and bullet order. :roll:

My gunsmith friend told me this morning that 2 of his suppliers a closing for at least 2 months. Cause they can't get any supplies.

Well I emailed them and they responded back,,,,

Hi Joseph,

While Nosler has never been making more bullets than we are right now, demand is simply unprecedented. You won’t find our products in stock direct with Nosler until we have filled all of our dealer and distributor backorders. I don’t expect that to happen for some time.

Looking at our latest production schedule, the 30cal 168gr. BT’s are due back up on the press again in June. That would put them hitting dealer shelves again early summer. For reference, we run this bullet about 1-2 times per year on average.

Best regards,

Nosler Inc.

this covid thing shut down the copper mines in Utah, the lead mines in Argentina, and the powder manufacturing plants, they can't get raw materials, so we can't get components or ammo. on top of that demand has skyrocketed due to 7 million new first time gun owners in the country, plus Biden said if he wins there will bee a 50% tax on ammo and a 200 dollar stamp on hi-cap mags. just found 1 case of mil surp 5.56 62 gr. green tip ammo....1157.95, that's a buck sixteen each!
RR

When you consider Remington’s presence in the Ammo and components market... if I’m a supplier to a company going bankrupt, I cut them off vs get paid 10 cents on the dollar and have Remington drag me under too...

If all the Remington and Barnes Ammo is shutdown because the suppliers won’t ship them materials for a couple months the others probably don’t have enough surplus capacity to cover Remington.

I am finding powder. Not primers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back