Nosler how about a 95 grain 6mm accu bond????

Dang guys, the 95 gr Ballistic Tip will shoot completely through a mulie out at 300 yards. Through one shoulder anyway... Great bullet. Accurate...

Still, I guess if there was a 95 gr AccuBond I just might buy it... :grin:

Dang guys, the 95 gr Ballistic Tip will shoot completely through a mulie out at 300 yards. Through one shoulder anyway... Great bullet. Accurate...

And since the 6mm is a little light for elk, so I'm not sure why you would need an AB unless, you were launching then at 3200+

I would like that bullet construction in a 6mm offering. I would think they would sell alot of 95 accu bonds. I think it would perform like an E tip with the lead of course!

In a 6mm Rem, it's absolutely possible to run them 3200+. I'm running 95g NBT at 3275pfs (chrono'd) right now.

I would buy 95g NAB's by the truckload.

I'm also running the 95 gr. NBT's 3200+ in a 6mm, and I agree with antelope sniper, no need, the BT's shoot through everything that a 6mm is adequate for.
I have shot the .257 110 NAB's in my 25 wssm, and I can see zero difference between them and the 115 NBT.
Heck I run the 140 NBT's 3550 in my STW and they'll exit a deer or bear almost everytime if you stay off the shoulder on HV impacts.
RR

I've heard rumor that the 95 gr 6mm Ballistic Tip was the pet project of a particularly skilled bullet designer at Nosler ...

True or not - it is the most accurate bullet I've ever shot from my 6mm Rem, and has proven very effective on mule deer. I generally blast it out in front of a max charge of Reloader 22. Sudden death in a small package.

Guy I agree the 95 bal tip is a great bullet I use it also with H=4831SC very accurate, but I would think the devistation in an AccuBond would be impressive, as with my 25-06 I see a differance between bal tips and accu bonds on deer at longer ranges, those accu bonds suck the life out of things fast!

The BT is not a bad bullet at all, its a great bullet. For a while now, my Jekyll and Hyde combination has been the 90g SciroccoII or 95g NBT. I guess its not a matter of need as much as want. I think the 95g NAB would be the best of both worlds.

Nothing wrong with the NBT for a longer range deer bullet.

I hope they dont come out with one myself because then they'll probly drop the NBT offering.

I just bought a box of those little 95g NBT's and some 7828 to try from my stevens 243.

Figured I needed a "back up" load in case I ran into a bear when I was calling coyotes, or for the wife to use on deer, etc..

From the 22" bbl, I hope to get 3100fps which would make it an easy 400 yard deer buster. Providing it shoots decent, if not with 7828, I'm going to try some IMR-4350 next.

Never shot any of these 95g nbt's out of anything yet, so I'm excited to see how they shoot. IF there anything like the 257" 100g NBT, I think I'll like them a lot.

That seems like a great load. I have my sons 243 loaded with 41.5gr of RL22 for about 2600FPS with the 100gr Nosler Partition. I would like to push it up, but for right now, we are hunting woods when we hunt and a 100 yard shot would be a long one. Recoil is low, but I think he is ready for the full house load soon. Probably after this deer season. I thought the load would be faster, and according to the Nosler #6 it should be closer to 3000FPS, but it isn't. It is accurate though and he has shot really well with it, practicing so far. Scotty

My max with the 95gr BT and 7828ssc was 47.5 grains at 3177fps. The most accurate load with 7828ssc was 46.0 grains at 3140fps. My go to load right now is Hybrid 100V 44.0 grains at 3250fps.

Back