Nosler packaging

G

I'm hesitant to even post this, as it seems petty, but it's become an irritation and so I figured maybe the folks at Nosler would like to know how I feel. I recently picked up a box of 168gr .308cal Ballistic Tips for load work in a 30-06. No problem with the bullets, but I was a little surprised at the new packaging. It's thinner and not as robust as the old Nosler packaging. I understand that part - it's cost savings, I'm sure. Okay, so I like the old, heavier box, but I can live with thinner boxes, as long as they hold the bullets. But this box doesn't have any kind of "clip" or tab to tuck in to keep it closed, and as such it's flopping around open on my bench. As long as I don't have to move it or anything near it, no problem. But when I need to actually work around the load bench, I've had to deal with this floppy cardboard thing with a lid that won't stay closed, and frankly, it's a pain in the rear.

To the team at Nosler, I understand the cost cutting - and I don't mind it - but at least let's make the box functional. Hornady, Speer, Barnes, and even Sierra (who I don't care for and won't use) offer decent boxes. Can you please find a different closure for the box? Just something that will stay closed when it's closed, on the bench. Please?????

Alright, I'm done whining. I'll be saving my few remaining old-style Nosler boxes when I empty them, and reusing them with tape labels so I can keep my bench clean. But I hope Nosler will get a different box.

That's why I like Berger and Barnes. The have nice boxes :wink: . I don't even like to discard them when their empty.

I had a brain fart and did the same thing.
However if you look at the "fancy" new packaging, you realize it is a slide out proposition. Cut the tape at the ends and slide the box out.
Open from the end and not from the side, if that makes sense.
It's early here in western Colorado and I have been out most of the night trying to keep my peaches from freezing, eyes watering, coffee's cold, forgive me if this does not make any sense. Time for some fresh brew and head to the loading room. CW

Ever hear of duct tape? If it moves and should not use duct tape. If it does not move and it should use WD-40. :mrgreen:

I like the new packaging. Once I figured out that the box slid out, I was able to get back to work. It is true that for those of us who are proven technological luddites, we need printed instructions to get the box open. On the other hand, being male, we don't read instructions. However, when we do finally have that "Ah Ha!" moment, the printed instructions may enable us to save face.

Mrs POP opens them up for me.

I recently lost my checklist (and patience) to clip edges,then slide out box, lift flaps yada, yada.

POP":1qr3oceu said:
Mrs POP opens them up for me.

I recently lost my checklist (and patience) to clip edges,then slide out box, lift flaps yada, yada.

Wow Pop I'm impressed with your wife. First she puts up with your gun issues (selling/buying LOL) and she opens and closes your boxes. Sounds like a keeper to me. :grin:

Corey

She is also a phenomenal cook and super hot too! What more can a guy ask for? :twisted:

POP":ti9xw3id said:
She is also a phenomenal cook and super hot too! What more can a guy ask for? :twisted:

A whole safe full of Ruger No 1's!!! Oh wait you have that too! :roll:

ScreaminEagle":39csw6dr said:
POP":39csw6dr said:

Ha, ha. That was good. :lol:

Corey

ScreaminEagle":20sb8aj0 said:
POP":20sb8aj0 said:

That made me laugh out loud! :mrgreen:

I did the same thing opening the box from the front like the old style box. Then figured out to cut the tape on the ends as well, and slide it out. I felt like an Idiot. Now the front is taped down.

Wow, I didn't know Nosler had come out with a new box, oh wait, 99% of my Nosler bullets are in cheap plastic bags. :shock:

Richracer1":1fxig9dz said:
Wow, I didn't know Nosler had come out with a new box, oh wait, 99% of my Nosler bullets are in cheap plastic bags. :shock:

Same here! Don't have a bunch of Nosler boxes, but I do have a ton of bags on the bench. Scotty

The way it is looking right now, with current pricing, it is only a few dollars more for boxes! I think it is the end of good thing. It was a good run though. Scotty

In a few months, the seconds will look like a bargain again. I'm telling you, prices on all components will have to increase to adjust to world demand.

I am sure your right Mike. I just don't accept the change right off! I know Nosler isn't trying to get one over on anybody, just hate to see prices jump when my pay isn't going anywhere either! Scotty

Back