Nosler RDF Bullets

RL338

Handloader
Mar 23, 2017
I'm wondering if anyone has tried any of these. I ordered some 140gr and brass for 6.5 Creed. It is going to be awhile before I get around to loading some , so I am looking for some feedback. Thanks in advance.

I know ​that the 6.5 mm RDF is a great bullet in high demand.
I'm sure that it will be worth the wait.

JD338

I've got two Creedmoors that I'm loading RDF's in, and they shoot phenomenally well. I've been very impressed with them so far.

I am wondering if the RDF's expand at all or like the Custom Comps are sorta thick jacketed? Not that I plan on hunting with them but I imagine some might. Might be cool to see if they are Berger like or Sierra MK like on the water jugs..

I've only just seen this week at North 40 Outfitters the 142 gr. 6.5mm Long Range AB's in stock let alone these new RDF bullets. If they're in high demand hopefully I'll see them being used in competitions this year and any feed back reports like the online PRS blog.

I'd like to give them a try but the plain Custom Comps shoot really well for me. I put down a .124" group at 100 yards last time out with my Creedmoor.

longrangehunter":6j026bqd said:
I've only just seen this week at North 40 Outfitters the 142 gr. 6.5mm Long Range AB's in stock let alone these new RDF bullets. If they're in high demand hopefully I'll see them being used in competitions this year and any feed back reports like the online PRS blog.
Ok, I took the weekend off to R.O. because my scope went AWOL! Never a good thing! A friend of mine that I first shot his Match in 2013 is Jake Vibbert. He was shooting these bullets along with his entire squad, or most of them I believe? I asked him what he thought about the bullet, but the Nosler Rep was standing next to me and shooting with him, to which he was very proud of the new RDF bullet by Nosler.

That said Jake is a top shooter, Owner of JC Steel Targets, won the PRS finals last year, two first place wins this year now that he won the Rock Lake Rifle Range PRS event this past weekend I was running a stage at..... Winner Winner Chicken Dinner as they used to say! Most won't know that rhyme!

I suppose if I had someone give me them I could certainly test them out, and attend a few Match events to use them in! This is a expensive sport, I burned up 50 rounds just attempting to figure out my scope went bad....... I now realized it went AWOL part of the time last year at the Snipers Hide Cup when I ran 4- 5 stages with zero hits late evening on the first day! Wow, hard to believe I even beat a third of the other shooters!

I don't have a sponsor funding my passion for this sport, so I shoot what I can get my hands on that works. But if Nosler would like to send me them I'd certainly use them if I can get them to shoot!

Back