Now for Marlin Maniacs!

Blkram

Handloader
Nov 25, 2013
NEVER heard of a good ford.:love:
At least not since 1979!

And I would pay good $ to see DrMike twirl that new Lariat of his! LOL

And here in the great white north, it not uncommon to see the white stuff fall as late as the first weekend of June! Of the past 25 years, we have only had two May long weekends (3rd weekend of May) where we have not had had rain and/or snow over the course of the weekend! And of course it that first camping trip weekend of the season for most Canadians - and they go regardless of the weather forecast.

Charlie-NY

Handloader
Mar 11, 2005
I've got one of the last JM 1895SBLs to roll off the line. It shoots great and has taken many game animals from small pigs to bull moose. I'd like to get one of the new 1895SBLs but there are very few to be found as of yet.
Considering that most of the new Ruger/Marlins are retailing for $2,000 or more, the MSRP of $1,399.00 doesn't seem all that bad. LOL

KinleyWater

Handloader
Jun 15, 2019
NEVER heard of a good ford.:love:
Beat me to it.

Seriously, though, having "Nickel-plated bolt with spiral flutes adds a distinctive, classy look and a smoother action." is great, and a "Threaded barrel, with a match-polished, factory-installed thread protector..." is all fine, but "A rifle at a price you can afford" would be my top choice of accessory. Unfortuanately, while the first two quotes are from the Marlin website, the last one is not. Not even close.

Last edited:

Blkram

Handloader
Nov 25, 2013
I guess I just do not understand the fad of wanting to hang a can on the end of a lever action rifle...
It's going to take away from the rifle's natural tendency to be light, easy to carry, mount and shoot, especially in those tight brushy areas where most of these rifles are typically carried and used, and are so handy to get into action quickly.
But since most new shooters are enamoured by long distance shooting/hunting, or sitting in blinds/treestands, that they have lost the understanding of what "hunting" is all about and what these rifles were originally designed for.
Not to mention that riflemakers are putting "cents" before "sense". It truly has become a beancounters world!

grry10

Handloader
Dec 7, 2007
My Marlin collection consists of a model 25 (.22LR), a model 29 (.22LR), a model 336RC (30/30) and a model 1895 (45/70). I enjoy shooting them all from time to time. Note that I only shoot standard velocity .22 ammunition in the model 29.

Blkram

Handloader
Nov 25, 2013
My Marlin 338MX arrived today! In very nice shape, with a little figure in the wood.
Mounted a Leupold VX-R 2-7x33 Firedot scope in Leupold rings on a one piece base.
Now to wait for some good weather to get out, sight it in and go bear hunting with the wife!