One bullet choice for all of your rifles, for all big game?

Lefty, makes a great point...

I cannot believe that I overlooked my 30-30, 356 Win, 375 Win and 41 Rem Mag lever actions in my first post here! LOL

While Nosler makes the 170 gr Partition for the 30-30 and the 210 gr Partition for the 41 Rem Mag, I have yet to shoot either in my rifles. I really would prefer a 240 gr for the 41!

I too wish that Nosler would make some 220 gr Partition Flat Point bullets for the 356 and 375 Winchesters!

April, I really like the A-Frame; just wish they had a larger selection of bullets to use in all of my rifles!

To the Ballistic Tip fans, I have used them a fair bit, just not as extensively as the AccuBonds, and they worked very well for me too.

I know DrMike is a big fan of the E-Tip, and I have witnessed his results on game, which has been very good. I just have not played with them at all.

Nosler makes some great bullets!

As do many of the other manufacturers. We are lucky to have such a great spectrum of choice!

Jamila I like the way you think (y) . My boys wouldn't know a Nosler from Marshmallow :lol:.
However do I know that they like that I load their ammunition and most of all that it is very inexpensive :shock:.
I wonder why I don't see that as well :mrgreen:.

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":1mxskrx3 said:
Jamila I like the way you think (y) . My boys wouldn't know a Nosler from Marshmallow :lol:.
However do I know that they like that I load their ammunition and most of all that it is very inexpensive :shock:.
I wonder why I don't see that as well :mrgreen:.

Blessings,
Dan

Hmmmm. "Wouldn't know a Nosler from Marshmallow." Dan, that explains a lot. :shock: Perhaps we can help you on your hand loads and make a BIG difference. :mrgreen:

So far I am a big fan of the AB in .270 and .30-06. Every deer that I have shot with them has dropped on the spot, but the bullet always left an exit wound, as well. If the animals would have run then they would have left good blood trails with pass through shots... the best of both worlds.

I keep a fairly large inventory of components on hand. Like most of you, I'm entrenched in the endless search of perfection. Most bullet styles have a niche where they perform better then the others, or at least it seems that way.

If I was forced to stock only one bullet for all the cartridges that I hunt with it would be the AccuBond. Across the board, the AccuBond has been easy to find, reasonably priced, surprisingly accurate and has produced the reliable terminal performance that most of us are looking for.

I'll continue to use different bullets for different applications but the Accubonds can adequately cover all bases when needed.

I'm in the AB category. I'm using them in:
223 (ok, their the bonded soft points though)
25-06
6.5x55 & 264 WM (142 gr ABLR)
7mm-08
30-06
In my 358 I'm using 200 gr SGK's though. They shoot too accurately to mess with trying something different.

I think I could be happy with a .280 and the stout 150 Ballistic Tip for all of the big game hunting I would do here in NA. Antelope up to Elk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back