ONE RIFLE FOR ALL BIG GAME IN THE WORLD?

Winchester pre 64 Model 70, 458win mag, with 1.4x5 Leupold Vari X III. New trigger and composite stock. Think of it as a long 45-70!

If it can through a 250gr or larger piece of lead at over 2700fps, put it in my hands and I will kill and anything on this planet every a man eating mouse will die :lol:

POP - what is with the russian :)

DrMike":3ik2zaxk said:
Bullet,

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE"

Greek for "Come and get it."

I am use to the lower case in my greek text and have been reading Russian lately and the caps through me off as I glanced at what he wrote. One third of the Russian alphabet is Greek letters. Sorry about that, need to take my time with things instead of a quick glance. :oops:

Big Squeeze":2v0mqty8 said:
POP":2v0mqty8 said:
What is your pick? Your scope choice?

This should be fun. 8)
.....................Fun along with some varying opinions I might add!

Primarily because of the rifles offered, my personal choice and favorite 375, is the 375 Ruger.

If given one scope choice, the best overall (do-all) hunting magnification for a 375 imo, would be the 1.75-6x32 VX3. It is lighter, more compact, lower profiled and a near perfect magnification for all 375 cartridges and their range capabilities. No underscoping or overscoping!

I agree with Big Squeeze. I built my .375 Ruger on a M70 push feed action with a 24" barrel. I have the VXIII 1.75-6 on it as well, and agree it is a great scope for a .375 Ruger. I've haven't taken any game with it yet that would require a need for it. I did however send a 270 grain slug (Hornady factory) through a pronhorn buck at 250 yards, entered the left hip and exited the right side of the neck. DRT to say the least, and didn't have a whole bunch of bloodshot meat.

Right now I'm doing development with 235 grain TSX which I should be able to get to going pretty fast and flat for a .375 cal bullet. As well as 260 grain Accubonds. If truly dangerous game is involved then I can step up to a 300 grain Partition or solid.

DrMike":8wylfaus said:
Bullet,

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE"

Greek for "Come and get it."

Correct!

Leonidas said it to Xerxes when Xerxes asked for his surrender. 300 vs a million? Xerxes said "We are so many that if my archers launch their arrows they will block out the sun." Leonidas" answer? Good we fight in the shade. That takes balls of steel!

That is where the expression come and get it came from.

Back