Oregon draw buck deer

Bill that is great news, I sure hope that you connect on one of those nice Mulie bucks in your zone!
I am sure looking forward to a good story with lots of photos :wink:>
Shoot straight, have Fun & be Safe.

Blessings,
Dan

Weather is getting the fall feel. Sun is coming up later. mornings are cool. Fawns are losing their spots. 5 weeks!

baltz526":180788j9 said:
Weather is getting the fall feel. Sun is coming up later. mornings are cool. Fawns are losing their spots. 5 weeks!

I wish you luck. Never hunted deer in Oregon but I may have to try it one of these Falls. I've seen some toads out there.

One week! Started the packing, Raining real good today with more forecast. One other hunter will be in camp with another hunt camp a couple miles away with Known hunters. Looks like we will get night time campfire time, if the Fire level drops. I did get the 308 back together and 125gr Ballistic tips are sighted in. Most hunting will be out of camp doing sweeps through the timber. Climbing tree stand is one option and I bought a Stick Chair for slow hunting edges. It is now camo'ed stick chair 1.jpg

Well B526, it looks like night time around the campfire will happen. They (USFS) just lifted restrictions in the Fremont-Winema NF, which is where we set up deer camp. I am pretty sure the Deschutes NF will follow close behind. This will make momma very happy. She gets grumpy if there is no fire to sit by.

D

My season concluded. After many close encounters with mature Buck's. Monday, I ended my season with a Meat Buck. Very dry, Hot, Conditions led to a very tough season. Finding Bucks was not an Issue in the Lodge Pole thickets. Seeing them was. Monday Started by my mistaken Identity of a Buck as an Elk, Going away through the trees I first saw an Elk sized ass, So I took a bit of time to Glass it. That was my first blown hunt of the day. As I threw up the rifle he turned right and vaporized into the thicket. A few hours later, I'm sneaking through the thicket and see a Deer like object, So I glass it with Binoculars. Again I made the wrong choice of Vision Magnification, If I hade thrown up the rifle, I would have had a nice Mature buck. Just after noon, I see my third buck of the day. I can see its head and ass but have no shot. As I'm thinking I hope this buck doesn't give me a clean shot, So I can keep chasing the big bucks. But The Freezer is empty, I made my wishes known to the great creator of this fact on day 9 of the hunt. Monday, day 10. This young Buck decides to step out. 125gr Ballistic tip out of my 308 at under 50yrds finished my hunt with Quick Effect.

And that is why it is called "hunting" and not "harvesting." Good, honest report.

Congratulations on the meat buck. He will be tasty.

JD338

I had Multiple close encounters with Mature Buck's All season. Day 2 I jumped two big bucks out of their beds at 50yrds. The Smaller buck had deep Forks,My quick view said a 160" 4x4. Two Bucks in the area where of the Giant Class Mule Deer. They had taken up residence, One on the west of a Basin the other the East side. I spent most days Hunting one or the other. Never got closer than Tracks and Thump-Thump-Thump as they Busted me. If I draw the tag next year, I'll be right back in there sneaking around.

Back