Outstanding deal on Nosler bullets!

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Mine arrived today. Don't know if the sale is still ongoing - but Nosler is offering an outstanding sale on their excellent "solid base" bullets:

http://www.nosler.com/index.php?p=11&b=5&s=9

I won't have to buy any 6mm or .30 cal hunting bullets in quite a while! :grin: These were essentially half price, for a bullet that has long since proven itself accurate and an excellent game-getter!

Regards, Guy

I can't figure out why they have 2 retail sites and can't coordinate them. I asked if I could put together an order from shooters proshop on some 2nds along with the ones on sale at the nosler site and was told "NO".
With them charging about $12.95 shipping to Wisconsin from ea place it didn't make it that great a deal.
If they would use the postal service flat rate boxes they could deliver big orders for anywhere in the US (Incl AK ) for about $8.25. This would even give them delivery confirmation AND free boxes to use for shipping.
I guess I'll be waiting for a sale from Midsouth or somewhere on Hornady 2nds now......sorry Nosler.

I bought a bunch of the Solid Base bullets since these are excellent prices. I am not one to quibble over shipping charges though I agree it would be nice to be able to purchase from the seconds shop on the same order as for the regular items.

I am wondering why the big discount? Are the Solid Base being discontinued again? Or is there just an excess of inventory? I do not see Federal factory loads using the Solid Base in their new catalog so perhaps there are extra Solid Base bullets available that were intended for Federal. Anyone know for sure?

Is the solid base the same as the Partition with a different base? How would these hold up on an Oryx or Elk where heavy bone mass could be encountered?

No, the Solid Base is not constructed like the Partition. It is constructed internally more like a Ballistic Tip but without the plastic tip so it does not have the too-quick-opening issue that some find with BTips. It is a great deer bullet but would not be my top choice for elk - stay with the Partition or perhaps the AccuBond for that.

Somthing wierd is going on. Midway has a really good sale on lots of different cartridges loaded with the SB from Federal. AND nosler is selling them here cheap too. Can't figure it out.....seems like everyone likes the SB but they are on sale everywhere.

AND I now see that nosler is opening up the E-bay channel. I see they have about 20 items up for sale on E-bay. They are using the name Noslerinc.....so they sure aren't trying to hide who they are.

I realize they probably want to reach another segment of the "buying public".

I still say if they'd shift some of those solid bases over to the Shooters proshop so people could get together one good sized order with one frt bill they'd sell more.

Back