PACT Professional Chronograph

TScottW99

Handloader
Sep 14, 2007
I'm looking to add an chronograph to my equipment soon. I know nothing about chronographs so am coming to you for help.

What do you think about the PACT professional chronograph? I like that the improtant equipment will be on the bench with me, being able to down load to my p.c., printer and have heard nothing but great reviews for their customer service.

So... what say you?

Thanks for any and all help.

Not thinking this morning, brain hurts. Anyway, I just searched, like I should have before posting :lol: Lots of good information on this forum, glad I found it :wink:

I HAD ON THE PAST A PACT CHRONO- I HAD A LOT OF FALSE READINGS ON IT, AND HAVE HEARD A LOT OF BAD NEWS ABOUT IT- I GAVE IT. THEN BOUGHT A P35 CHRONO-OEHLER 3 SCREEN- THATS A WHOLE DIFERRENT STORY, BUT BAD NEWS NO LONGER ON THE MARKET- THE MOST USED NOW BECAUSE OF PRACTICAL IS A COMPETITION ELECTRONICS, VERY VERY EASY SET UP AND VERY ACCEPTABLE READINGS, AND VERY ECONOMICAL,JUST 99- I HAVE ALSO A CHRONY
BETA ALSO VERY PRACTICAL, BUT I LIKE MUCH BETTER THE COMPETITION ELECTRONICS.

I`ve a old Pact M1 that I bought maybe 12-15 year ago and have been appy with it fior the most part. I`ve also a older yet Shooting Chrony Alpha that is still running fine. The Pact is a bit better about not dropping a shot but all of them I`ve seen are at the mercy of the sun. The best time to use them is on a cloudy day with the sun fairly high overhead.
Here is a comparision I did of the two some time ago
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthread ... ost1460774

TScottW99":3abac22e said:
I'm looking to add an chronograph to my equipment soon. I know nothing about chronographs so am coming to you for help.

What do you think about the PACT professional chronograph? I like that the improtant equipment will be on the bench with me, being able to down load to my p.c., printer and have heard nothing but great reviews for their customer service.

So... what say you?

Thanks for any and all help.

There are two chronogrphs out there, the Oheler M35 (no longer available) and the CED Millineum 2--everybody else is a distant second.

The M35 has been the "gold standard" in chrono's for 15 years or more. I have a M35, and have a couple buddys with the CED's that we have used extensively. The CED is the equivalent of the M35, and it has a few features that are nice, but I wish it had the third "check screen" like the M35.

I know, I know, the Shooting Chrony guys are going to hammer me--but time and again I read about--and witness--shots that aren't read in less than ideal conditions with Chrony's ( I have one residing under my reloading bench gathering dust--and I sold my PACT a long time ago). The aggravation ain't worth it for me.

The CED will run $200--plus I would recommend the 4 foot spacing bar.

Casey

I had planned on an Ohelr when the time came and I waited too long :cry: Thanks for everyone's input.

I can't speak highly enough about my Beta Master Chrony. I also own a PACT Professional, but I don't use it anymore since I got the BMC (which I won in a contest). The BMC is so easy to use, and I've only had a problem when I let it get to sundown and tried to shoot through. Otherwise, it reads well, and clearly, and the electronics are pretty much right there on the bench with you, as well.

FOR SURE DUBYAM YOURE SURELY CORRECT.- THE BETA MASTER FOR SURE DOES THE WORK AND IN A MORE COMPACT PACKAGE, IF YOU WANT LATTER ADD THE PRINTER....

I have a Pact Professional Chronograph and I'm happy with it. I used to have Beta Chrony and sold it. I always get false reading and error when shooting high intensity cartridge. I have no issue with my Pact. Excellent chronograph in my opinion.

I've shot everything from my bow (478gr arrows moving at 217fps) all the way up to 130gr bullets clocking 3500fps from my 270Wby, and I can't say I've had any problems with intensity from my BMC. I set mine up about 12' from the bench, so probably around 12-13' from the muzzle. Seems to work well for me.

I just got a Pact XP Pro with IR kit, when it's dark it can also detect my pellet gun .17 cal. I've modifyed the powersupply to the IR kit by removing the transformer and soldered the cable to a USB cable and it is now power supplied from my laptop :wink:

Back