Paired 30-06 Rifles

SJB358":2zkyfj19 said:
Wow, those are incredible rifles. Seen the 1st one in action this past Fall. Nothing but excellent performance from the old 30-06 and 165 ABs.. It made me a believer.

Now, that custom stocked rifle is to die for. I know it might hurt a little to put that first nick, scratch or scuff in it but I bet it looks just as at home on the elk mountain as any other rifle I've seen. The checkering is excellent.

I hope you see her in action this fall Scotty!

Wow Joel I just about tipped over from a heart attack! What a superb set of rifles. They are absolutely outstanding. I really like them both exactly as they are. Very nice ring and scope combinations too I might add. They look superb!

Sure hard to beat 165's with either IMR4350 or H4350. We should go shoot those things sometime! I'll bring my 280 Ackley and my 30-06!

Joel -

I even like the looks of that Rem 700DM. These are both just amazing rifles Sir.

I have had great luck with the 165 grain Partition in several .30-06 rifles. I use 56.5-57 grains of either IMR or H 4350 and WLR primers in whatever cases I can get.

I was never able to get the Accubonds to shoot as good in my Model 70 although the Ballistic Tips shoot very well. Let us know when you take the new FN out hunting. I am sure it will do well on anything it is pointed at.

Thanks -

Dale

What Joel's not saying is how darned good those 165 ABs shoot in his 700. Seemed like I have a picture of the targets somewhere but 3 touching in a small know seemed pretty common. I do remember him checking the rifle at 300 yards in elk camp this past fall and 2 shots, about 1" apart was what it did.

After butchering, seeing how well that 165 AB did on a heavy bull elk, I was very impressed. I'm sure 165 PTs will shoot as well. Never had much trouble.

I shot my cow elk last January with the 165 gr. AccuBond. Range about 100 yards give or take The cow went maybe thirty feet and expired. The bullet was not recovered, probably buried in what remained of the elk's left lung. Can't say I have any complaint about the bullet's performance. This rifle has a slower twist barrel (1 in 12") and will not stabilize 180 gr. bullets. I have some 165 gr. Partitions and Speer Hot Cores that I have not yet tried.
Paul B.

PJGunner":2ld54y5v said:
I shot my cow elk last January with the 165 gr. AccuBond. Range about 100 yards give or take The cow went maybe thirty feet and expired. The bullet was not recovered, probably buried in what remained of the elk's left lung. Can't say I have any complaint about the bullet's performance. This rifle has a slower twist barrel (1 in 12") and will not stabilize 180 gr. bullets. I have some 165 gr. Partitions and Speer Hot Cores that I have not yet tried.
Paul B.

Paul, Joel's rifle and load were so darned accurate and effective I'm looking even harder for that P64 30-06 of my own. Never really had a big desire to own one but Joel's has made me a believer.

SJB358":27p9uv0y said:
PJGunner":27p9uv0y said:
Paul B.

Paul, Joel's rifle and load were so darned accurate and effective I'm looking even harder for that P64 30-06 of my own. Never really had a big desire to own one but Joel's has made me a believer.

We are all pulling for you friend!!!

Dale

Back