Partitions

I have never used the partitions but I may try them after reading this thread. Which would be better in the 6.5 creedmoor 125's for more speed or 140's? Shots would be from minimum 20 yards to max of 300 yards. Rifle has proven accurate with various 120's and 140's from other manufactures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with 140's I have used different ones in my 260 for years. Have started using bullets around 130 gr more these days since they go noticeably faster and shoot flatter, I would look at the 125 gr PT based on that. It's an accurate bullet as well.

Every bullet has a Max and min impacted velocity plus max RPM. The Partition was the fist bullet to expand that terminal impact velocity range. TUFF up close do to the Partition yet SOFT enough to expand at longer ranges. Before it you had closer range bullets say 0-250 yards and longer range bullets best for over 200 yards.

swampghost":x1pqg3nt said:
Guy Miner":x1pqg3nt said:
I have to admit, I've never managed to recover a Partition bullet from game! I need to shoot bigger game... Then I might recover one.

Regards, Guy
I have. My wife shot a small buck several years back and I stopped him before he topped a hill. Hit him between the shoulder blades and bullet stopped in his neck. Quite a shock to see it but it did it's job.

I caught one in 2013, exit in 2015

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=27333

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=32126

This years' buck was a pass through with the same load, 541 yards.

P

Doggone Partitions do tend to exit, particularly the heavy-for caliber bullets. That front end expands readily, then the back portion just keeps on pushing right on through...

Good hunting bullets for sure.

Guy

Back