Perfect example of why you can't get components or ammo.

1Shot

Handloader
Dec 5, 2008
I was in Bass Pro Shop in Bristol TN Monday morning. I noticed a group of 10+ people in front of the ammo section which was practically empty. I heard a store clerk say "you are only allowed 6 boxes of ammo no matter the mix of calibers." They had gotten in a shipment of some 380 ACP and 9mm Luger FMJ ammo. There is no doubt in my mind that one or more of the store workers had to have called their buddies to let them know or they would not have been standing in line before the ammo was brought out to be put on the shelf. The store worker came out of the back with the ammo in a shopping cart and just opened the boxes and started handing boxes to people and never got a single box placed on the shelf before it was ALL GONE.

Yeah...and it's quite likely on Craigslist for 3x the price before they even got to the parking lot!

Having worked at Cabela's putting out the ammo and other products that come in on the trucks, the local store employees do not know what products are coming in on the trucks.

I believe different "policies" come with different employees. You better believe that one of them have the scoop on what's coming in and that's all it takes to ruin it for many of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different employees, different Dept or Store Managers, etc. Folks like that ‘think’ they re helping out but really making the shortage problem and hoarding worse.

As far as the re-sellers on Craigs list and other such sites, I ll throw rocks before I put money if their pockets. Hope many aren’t even shooters and they lose their behinds on the hoarding at some point .... :)

Back