Picked up a Bushnell Banner (older 1.5-4.5)

cloverleaf

Handloader
Sep 10, 2006
Picked up what looks to me to be an old Bushnell Banner today. Can anyone tell me anything about it. It has click adjustments, and what I assume was an adjustable elevation turret. There is a small window in the back of the elevation turret, I am guessing if I had the corect knob it would have graduations visible through there? Very Clear and bright. If it dosent fog and holds a zero the plan is to put it on a 12 ga. slug gun. Do you think it will hold up? Anybody know where I can get parts? It says "made in Japan". I suspect this is a good thing. Not a Luey but for 10 bucks thought it might be worth a shot. It came out of the Gun library at Cabela's :shock: Might be the first real deal I ever got there. :) CL

DCP02566.jpg

DCP02565.jpg

DCP02564.jpg

I gave 10 bucks for it. Hope it will be worth it.

You are correct it is a bullet compensator if you can find the correct dial they work great try contacting bushnell for one but i doubt they can help since it is such an old model.I had one a little newer and sent it in to get repaired but they did not have parts so they sent out an upgraded scope.

HEY! That old Bushnell is shooting 2 in groups at 50 yds on a 16 Ga. slug gun. :grin: . Still wish I could find a turret cap for it. CL

DrMike":284mr3qw said:
You certainly didn't get hurt on the price. Congratulations.

Amen!

I had a few of them in the past and had no problems. All of them were mounted on 30-30 lever guns or in their power class anyway. Good luck with it buddy!

CL, that is a scope alot of folks really liked on their 45-70's so I imagine it would work great on your slug chucker! If it is shooting 2" groups for you, it sounds good. Find a pair of scope covers and you will be in business! Scotty

Back