Plain old 4x .... wtb how tough can it be?

cloverleaf

Handloader
Sep 10, 2006
How come its so hard to find a 4x scope for my 16 ga slug gun. A K-4 would look good and a standard 4x leuy would be nice but I cant afford a "new" price. If yu have a luey used for sale I'd like to hear about it, or a decent priced ($200 or less would be best) let me know. Are Cabelas scopes anyu good in the price range? Thanks CL

I think you can get a Weaver K4 for under $150. Not sure they have the eye relief you want for a shotgun though.

I think a Pro-Staff or Bushnell Trophy XLT are affordable and provide decent glass for their price range. They are variable though.

cloverleaf":1d1oekkm said:
How come its so hard to find a 4x scope for my 16 ga slug gun. A K-4 would look good and a standard 4x leuy would be nice but I cant afford a "new" price. If yu have a luey used for sale I'd like to hear about it, or a decent priced ($200 or less would be best) let me know. Are Cabelas scopes anyu good in the price range? Thanks CL

I would start scouring the Google Machine for used 4x Leupolds. They are out there. I have a 4x Leupold on my slug gun. Dont have the heart to pull it for use anywhere else.

SJB358":1op7hvtf said:
cloverleaf":1op7hvtf said:

I would start scouring the Google Machine for used 4x Leupolds. They are out there. I have a 4x Leupold on my slug gun. Dont have the heart to pull it for use anywhere else.

Yeah so far no luck w/ google. Im a cheap skate. I understand wanting a good scope on your slug gun. Dang slugs are expensive....CL

CatskillCrawler":6dwucxfl said:
Maybe I'm missing something here. Are you looking for a Weaver K-4?

http://swfa.com/Weaver-Classic-K-Rifle-Scopes-C1812.aspx

Catskill-
That would do....but I want to put my hands on one b-4 I buy. Weavers arent carried by cabelas or Gander that Ive been able to find....AND...Im torn by wanting an old steel tube. The gun it will be going on was built in the 40's. Just an asthetics thing.... Yes I know, I want it all for nothing. CL

I have a old steel tube Weaver K4-1 USA I was going to sell. If your interested let me know.

cloverleaf":exs2o6v9 said:
Catskill - That would do....but I want to put my hands on one b-4 I buy. Weavers arent carried by cabelas or Gander that Ive been able to find....AND...Im torn by wanting an old steel tube. The gun it will be going on was built in the 40's. Just an asthetics thing.... Yes I know, I want it all for nothing. CL

Gotcha. Makes sense to me now with the age pref. Also, nothing wrong with wanting to see/hold what you buy.

Also try ebay. Usually tons of scopes on there.

HTDUCK":3k2judta said:
Cloverleaf,
Check your PMs :mrgreen:

Just thought I would follow up on this as I have somthing to try thanks to HTDUCK. Its not a K-4 but it is a "period correct" steel tube weaver 1.5-4.5 that will look perfect on my 1940's Ithica slug gun.

The "price" was to good to be true and Howard was a true gentleman. Thats why I keep coming back to this board..... Thanks again. CL

(CL)..... you are welcome to it.

My eyes aren't what they used to be and I need bigger glass.
I hope the old girl has some life left in her and fills a tag or two in days to come.
I'll drop it in the mail between now and Friday.

Shipping?
Do me a favor.
Take a kid, a rookie, a newbie to the range instead.

Great response. There are certainly some fine gentlemen and ladies frequenting the Board.

I almost come to expect that kinda thing around here, but man, it never gets old! Good show Howard.

SJB358":1suwth3w said:
I almost come to expect that kinda thing around here, but man, it never gets old! Good show Howard.

Glad to do it.
I've had that scope in my safe for several years now, not really sure where it came from.
I think it came off a Savage 99 I bought about 5 years ago.

Fact is I had forgotten about it until I saw this thread.
Like I said, hope CL uses it for years to come and fills some tags with it.

Howard

Back