Primer Tool

EOD Diver

Handloader
Dec 30, 2011
Howdy Guys,
So after returning, it would seem that my Lee priming tool has stopped working. Can I ask the collective what you're using and how you like it?
V/R,
Joe

I use the Sinclair priming tool. Not the fastest as you have to load primers one at a time, but very well made and great feel for seating primers. I started with an RCBS and I wouldn't want to go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two RCBS Universal Hand Primers. I've used quite a few different hand primers, and this is the best I've used.

I sometimes prime on the press or use a hand me down RCBS hand primer I got from DrMike. I also prime on my Dillon 550 if I have a lot of cases to prime since it holds a 100 primers. Need to get a new shell plate for it so I prime magnum cases on it.

I first started off with the RCBS Rock Chucker priming arm to seat my primers and switched to the RCBS hand priming tool, never looked back. Easier and faster too.

Rcbs... I have one of the older ones with a standard shell holder in it and one of the newer ones with the universal jaw in it sitting on my bench. I had one of the lee primers for a while..... it didn't last.

I use an RCBS and have had no issues with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is a spec for seating primers . I think CCI wants .002" crush on their primers .

Some of these benchresters sre getting pretty fussy about how they seat primers.
They obviously aren't using Winchester virgin brass where most of primers stick out so far the brass rocks around on a flat table
After seating...lol. i LOVE it when that happens..... but you can always use Winchester primers and get the pit marks in your bolt face...lol!

Guys,
Thanks for the response! It looks like RCBS and Sinclair are making a really strong showing!
V/R,
Joe

I have used the RCBS, Hornady, and Lee hand priming tools. I broke a couple and had issues with consistent primer depth as well. (One of my rifles is really picky with primer depth.

I now use the new Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Perfect Seat Hand Priming Tool. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/58248 ... iming-tool

It is by far the best hand priming tool I've ever used. You can adjust priming depth, and it comes with all the shell holders you will probably ever need. It also reverses the part of your hand that you are using to press the primer which I have found greatly reduces hand fatigue when priming a lot of cases. When you set the priming depth, no matter how hard you press it will always set the primers at the same depth. For that matter you also don't have to press very hard to fully seat the primers due to the design and leverage the tool has... Also helping with hand fatigue.

It has a little dial that adjusts depth 1 thousandth per click.

I highly recommend it!

3ed0658f574d99b512bbfe85af09e15c.jpg
e6445ca4549b81b24d23c28a7290b125.jpg
a4e2388670d103ac35c2b2529a0dcc2b.jpg
b5766672e0dcae524692538044493d35.jpg

Back