Primers?

desertcj

Handloader
Sep 27, 2010
I shouldn't be surprised going into an election year and then with covid....I can't find small rifle primers ANYWHERE :?

I found some at Sportsman's Warehouse the other day. I'm in Ky tho.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

They're all over on gunbroker. But you'll pay through the a## saw them going for $165 per 1000. CRAZY. :roll:

I've got a few thousand CCI 400s/450s for the 223 stashed away, about 8# of Benchmark and a few other 1# cans of H4895- IMR4895 and IMR8208XBR- RL7. For as much as I shoot it, should last me about 10 years.

Still the same price around here, or was the last time I checked which wasn't long ago. $30-$35 per 1000 for CCI 200's depending where I stop.

People are crazy. They let panic override better judgement. Around here they are also paying $80 per bushel of peaches, and earlier in the yr were paying $12-$13 per dozen for sweet corn. At those prices you can find other things to eat.

Be mildly prepared so you're not desperate, and don't shop where they price gouge, and you can find things at normal prices.

I stocked up before Obama got in office. I go to estate auctions and buy when the prices is right. I usually get primers for $20 per 1000. Last year I got a unopened 8lb of imr4895 for $70. And 100 unfired Norma 22-250 cases for $12.

sako2":2fpk96r2 said:
I stocked up before Obama got in office. I go to estate auctions and buy when the prices is right. I usually get primers for $20 per 1000. Last year I got a unopened 8lb of imr4895 for $70. And 100 unfired Norma 22-250 cases for $12.
I need to find me some of those estate sales. Dan.

HAHA that auction was a rare 1. I only took a couple hundred with me should have taken at least a grand. I don't load shotgun shells or know anybody who does but I could have bought 55 gallon drums full of wads for a $1.00. Everything was going cheap.

Yep pays to have cash in hand when you come upon something.

You couldn't buy 22 ammo for at least 2 months now, maybe longer. Everywhere you look online either all the ammo is out of stock, or there's one or 2 brands of the high price stuff available. I got plenty so I'm just looking to keep my stash supplied, no hurry to buy, and certainly not at unreasonable prices.

About 3 wks ago I came upon a table where a guy had Aquilla Super Extra 38 gr HP's for $2.49 per box of 50. $5 per 100 is a reasonable price for that particular ammo even before the ammo shortage. He had 20 boxes.... now I do. :grin:

sako2":2pzydf49 said:
As did I. I haven't really needed to buy any primers or powder in 10 years, but I'm not shoot as much anymore.

ShadeTree":kq39vwue said:
Yep pays to have cash in hand when you come upon something.

You couldn't buy 22 ammo for at least 2 months now, maybe longer. Everywhere you look online either all the ammo is out of stock, or there's one or 2 brands of the high price stuff available. I got plenty so I'm just looking to keep my stash supplied, no hurry to buy, and certainly not at unreasonable prices.

About 3 wks ago I came upon a table where a guy had Aquilla Super Extra 38 gr HP's for $2.49 per box of 50. $5 per 100 is a reasonable price for that particular ammo even before the ammo shortage. He had 20 boxes.... now I do. :grin:
It's hard finding pellets for a air rifle now.

After the last component shortage I decided to not ever let it happen to me again. When components became available I started buying. I amassed thousands upon thousands of primers, bullets and many, many, many pounds of powder. Ive got enough to probably last me the rest of my life.

Back