Pumpkin Blast w/Rifles!

Nice work. Pumpkin & Watermelon are two of my favorites to obliterate with the boomsticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That was a great video, well done. The 50grn Vmax's were all I shot for years out of my 22-250 predator calling. You just don't want to put them in the shoulder like a traditional or more heavily constructed bullet. I found if you put them right behind the shoulder in the ribs it is lights out with no splash and minimal pelt damage. A 75grn Vmax out of a 25-06 would have been fantastic for the slow motion on a pumpkin.

Really fun video. Shared it with my son.

I think a 300blackout might have been cooler with a violently expanding 220. I know Nosler made some in BT that they recommended a MV of only 1100 fps I think it would get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjcmichigan":1fzndbbj said:

I think a 300blackout might have been cooler with a violently expanding 220. I know Nosler made some in BT that they recommended a MV of only 1100 fps I think it would get it done.

Ya... I wasn't in charge of bullet selection for the 300 BLK. I think all that was on hand and loaded were the FMJ bullets.

Next year!

Guy

I know its not reloading... but there is nothing quite like a 12 ga hollow point slug... going through a gallon bleach jug Full of water hung on a bungee cord. Wonder what a pumpkin would look like? Wish I had a video of that. This was truly good entertainment. You boys had too much fun! Thanks CL

Something about shooting something and pulverizing it that brings out the kid in all of us. Lol. Looked like a fun time and some really good video of it. (y)

mjcmichigan":2bu7sbyu said:

Yes sir. It would be interesting to see how the pumpkins react getting zapped by some .300 BO loaded supersonic like the load using the Hornady 110 V-Max.

We're already working on our list of firearms for next year's pumpkin shoot...

I think the 12 gauge will make it.

The 300 Blackout will likely be back, with better bullets.

I want to use some light-fast bullets from the 25-06 for sure...

And more! (y)

Guy Miner":3jckl5d0 said:
We're already working on our list of firearms for next year's pumpkin shoot...

I think the 12 gauge will make it.

The 300 Blackout will likely be back, with better bullets.

I want to use some light-fast bullets from the 25-06 for sure...

And more! (y)
Hit one with the 130gn .308 load you’re playing with.

We're using a pretty spiffy high-speed camera for those slow-motion videos.

I don't remember exactly what it is, but wow, it works great!

Guy

Back