Quality Time

EOD Diver

Handloader
Dec 30, 2011
Just finished loading up some rounds with my daughter for the first time! We talked through the whole process first, then I demonstrated, and the next thing you know, she’s doing it on her own! She’s 8 right now and really enjoyed our hunt this last fall. She’s excited to take hunter’s safety and put in for her own tag this coming season. Not sure just yet if she’ll choose the M70 in 243 or the BAR in 30’06, but we’ve got some time to figure it out. Life is good and we are truly blessed!
V/R,
Joe

Model 70 in .243....that was my dream rifle when I was a kid! Good times, went shooting with my 8 year old daughter today (y)

Excellent, Joe! Great to see her enthusiasm to spend time with her dad. That is an investment worth more than anything I can imagine. Here's to many happy hours as the two of you spend time together.

Excellent! Had my girls helping me loading when they were the same age. Good times for sure buddy.

JD338

Awesome!, building memories that you both will never forget. My daughter also started reloading with me at the age of 8 and is now 17. She loads all her own ammo now but I still supervise the process. It's a great hobby and one that your daughter can take with her the rest of her life. Well done!

Thank you guys. She’s taking to it like a duck to water. She asked if we could knock out a few more tonight, so we fired up the ol’ press again. We’ve got six three round sets of 90 ABs to test bullet jump from .075” to 0.100”. Hopefully we’ll find something the rifle likes!
V/R,
Joe

Congrats Joe! That’s very awesome!

Can’t wait for her to limber up the 243.

Excellent Joe! Great way to spend quality time with your daughter. I never could get my daughter interested in reloading, she likes to shoot, but is not into hunting or reloading. You are very blessed.

Back