R-P 260 brass?

shoots_5

Handloader
May 15, 2009
Anyone know if Remington is still producing brass for the 260? Reason I ask is when I first got my 260 it was the only brass I could find locally and worked up a load that shoots tiny little groups. Can't seem to find any new brass though and needing to start replacing some old brass. Don't really want to switch to Lapua brass at 3x's the cost when I'm getting perfect accuracy from cheap brass! And I'd have to re-work my load....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had the same problem, I bought some Nosler brass and it is ok. I found one lot of 2000 but it was a bit too pricy for me. There is some at times on gun broker but it is expensive as well. It seems like a dying round. I like mine though.

Jon

What about using some R-P 243 Win brass?

JD338

I don't know if it's true , but I've read a couple times that rem and win makes brass in batches . usually one batch per year . I don't think 260 brass is going away , it seems to be getting a pretty good following in 1000 yard competition shooting . did you look at " graf and sons " ?

We can only get Lapua 260 brass right now up here. I found a big difference between R-P brass and Lapua in that the latter is much heavier and you will have to reduce your loads a fair bit to be at the same pressure level.

If it were me I'd probably just neck up some 243 as long as it didn't cause a problem with another rifle.

I save my 243 chrome plated cases for resizing to 260. That way they stick out like a sore thumb. Plus I usually load with Ballistic Tips so that gives me another indication that it is 260, not 243.

Back