Range Disappointment

hseII":p37v3dlg said:
Guy Miner":p37v3dlg said:
Ya, a couple years ago things got so bad that I needed to have three vertebrae fused. The ol' neck doesn't move very well anymore.

I still have a 600 pound leg-press, and can ride my bike 60 - 70 miles or more, no problem.

But, the neck is a weak point. I may not be able to compete anymore.

Guy

Have you looked at PRS?

You seem to be too well to just hang up competing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks, ya, our club is pretty active with PRS, and I do intend to do some of that this year! My new Ruger Precision Rifle in 6mm Creedmoor should be good for that type of competition.

Guy

Guy Miner":2ew2bxh8 said:
hseII":2ew2bxh8 said:
Guy Miner":2ew2bxh8 said:
Ya, a couple years ago things got so bad that I needed to have three vertebrae fused. The ol' neck doesn't move very well anymore.

I still have a 600 pound leg-press, and can ride my bike 60 - 70 miles or more, no problem.

But, the neck is a weak point. I may not be able to compete anymore.

Guy

Have you looked at PRS?

You seem to be too well to just hang up competing.

Thanks, ya, our club is pretty active with PRS, and I do intend to do some of that this year!

Guy

Awesome!

Please share your Experience.

My business/hunting partner had a neck fusion several years ago. He uses taller bipods and taller rear bags as has been suggested here, and it works for him. He doesn't like getting low like some of us still can do.

Dr. Vette":2mic067b said:
My business/hunting partner had a neck fusion several years ago. He uses taller bipods and taller rear bags as has been suggested here, and it works for him. He doesn't like getting low like some of us still can do.

Thanks! (y) I've already tried that and it seems to help a lot. That's likely what I'll do next time I try to shoot prone. It's working pretty well during dry fire practice.

Just removed the factory muzzle brake and capped the threads too, making it legal for NRA F-Class prone shooting.

Guy

What about a low wedge shaped pillow to ramp your body up a touch. Combined with higher bags and bipod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back