rangefinder?

I've had the leica for a few years, I've successfully ranged deer to 1218 yards during good conditions, have never not been able to range 600 under anyconditions. for rifle hunting it is the place to start, the bushys are for bowhunting, or if you wanna range a deer at 600 yards ya better buy a 1500 yard bushy. Best thing that ever happened to me was the day I lost my bushy 600 while hunting!!!
RR

Swarovski Laser Guide 8X30 is the best IMO.

This is the farthest I tried this laser.

Picture175-5.jpg

Desert Fox

+1
I too have a Swarovski Laser Guide 8X30. :lol:

JD338

I"ve ranged rocks, trees, and buildings in the 1900-1950 range with the swaro 1500, and it does it all with out so much as a hiccup.

I'd say the swaro 1500 is the best, followed by the leica 1200, then its a crapshoot from there.

I still have and use a nikon buckmasters 800 that does OK depending on weather and terrain. Sometimes it will range deer out to 700 yards, other times it has a hard time past 350-400. This is in bright sunlight over wheatfields or sagebrush flats though.

Doesn't seem to bother the swaro no matter the lighting or terrain.

Depends on really how far you want to shoot I'd say as well.

For 1000 yards and further, obvious choice is the swaro 1500 as it will actually range out to about 2000 yards.

For up and out to 1K, the leica 1200 is a great buy.

You really did well for yourself Swampbuck! I just got a new crf1200 and wound up paying about 680 for it! Tax...:( oh well.

great rangefinder, will work perfectly for what you want. I have trouble in bright conditions ranging beyond 600, but the optics are IMHO just as good as the swaro, just can't range as far.

As an FYI, my Swaro works well in bright sunlight. When I first got it, I ranged some trees at 1300+ yds on a hot sunny July afternoon. The furthest I have ranged was 1744 yds with consistent repeatability.

I really do like the compactness of the Lica.

JD338

Back