Ready for the range

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
Scope bases Leupold was kind enough to send me arrived this afternoon and I got an old 3-9 Redfield Tracker mounted on the 30-06. Will head up to make some noise in a bit but waiting for the light to change some on the range.
3f0b0bc1113c2da9c9978b0f4efbfa63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Using the PRW. I ordered the pre 64 bases from Midway USA and when they arrived they aren’t the same as pictured on their web site. The hole spacing on the rear one was different than the one for the front and the screw hole spacing on the rifle is the same front and rear.
I talked with a Leupold rep and he put me on the right track and was kind enough to send me the proper bases free of charge. I had a good chat with the rep who certainly seemed to be knowledgeable about the history of the model 70 and the bases were delivered to the door less than 48 hours later.
He wouldn’t accept my offer to pay or send the wrong bases to them.
This is my first go round with the PRW scope mount. I’ve used the Double D mounts several times and they seem to work well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use the Leupold PRW rings, they are solid.
You will be happy with that set up. Looks good.

JD338

Got my first set of PRW mounts and rings this spring for my Model 70. Love them. They are a solid, good looking setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back