Reasons for keeping the 300 gr. .458 nosler partition

Mad Dog

Beginner
Jul 19, 2008
JD338 got me to thinking. Below are many of my "reasons" for keeping the 300 gr. nosler Partition, for the .45-70/450 Marlin. If you agree, post your reasons.....

4316160-R1-054-25A.jpg

bear3.jpg

FH000013.jpg

FH000024.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0675-1.jpg

IMG_0583-1.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

Every one of these "reasons" was taken with the 300 gr. nosler partion, out of my Marlin 1895, .45-70 Guide Gun.

For you boys that hunt with the 300gr. Partition, post your "reasons". Let's see how long we can maybe make this thread, and get our great bullet back.

Mad Dog

I love that bullet in my 45-70 and 450 Marlin. I was going to try it in my Lott but.....

At least a seasonal run! :evil:

Reason number 1001
I am going to submit a magazine article staring the .450 Marlin very soon along with its supporting cast, drum roll please: the Nosler 300gr PP.

Mad Dog - Beautiful job on the African hunt. The debate about which is the best plains game cartridge rarely includes the 45-70. Looks like your hunt with the Nosler 300 Partition adds a new chapter to the debate.

Without the Nosler bullet, I'd be inclined to try the Barnes TSX or the Swift A-Frame bullets.

Anyone have an accuracy or terminal performance report on the 300gr - 350gr TSX (FB) in the 45-70?

Everyone of Charlies pictures has two items in common. Lots of brush, and a dead critter...come of them pretty big. Under those conditions, it's hard to agrue with Charlie...Unless of course Nosler replaced it with an AB, or their first wide faced E-tip!

Mabye like a 220gr e-tip in .429, and a 300gr e-tip for the 45-70 :grin:

I don't have a need for any of the 300 NP but I did find 2 boxes at a gun show. Seemed steep on the price at 62.50 per box. If someone is in dire need I will go get them.

OU812":234cndma said:
I don't have a need for any of the 300 NP but I did find 2 boxes at a gun show. Seemed steep on the price at 62.50 per box. If someone is in dire need I will go get them.

You are a good man OU812!

JD338

JD338":31iwbbhj said:
OU812":31iwbbhj said:
You are a good man OU812!
JD338

That's not all that bad considering that the TSX bullets are about $1 each and the Swift's sell for $65 for a box of 50.

ATTICA!!!! ATTICA!!!! ATTICA!!!! ATTICA!!!! ATTICA!!!! ATTICA!!!! ATTICA!!!! ATTICA!!!! ATTICA!!!! ATTICA!!!! ATTICA!!!!

BTT

cause this is too important to let it drop too soon!

I hope the boys at Nosler are reading this thread!

Mad Dog

They are reading it. That is why Nosler is reconsidering their decision.
Mr Bob Nosler and Mr John Nosler JR, thank you for reconsidering the production of the 458 cal 300 gr PP, Nosler p/n 45325.
This is just too good a bullet and needs to be kept in the production cycle.

JD338

I would love to try them in my contender. I'm currently loading 405 rem and cast 375 lgc bullets fom my contender. I was hopeing to get something with it- but took my 35 whelen out the day I got my buck. I let my dad carry it during elk season, but the entire heard was on private property and spent the entire seasons never seeing a fresh track. - I sure could have used the meat this year.

Nosler should keep the 300 NP in the line up because it is THE VERY BEST bullet for a 45-70 in its weight class (300-350 grains)

The design is perfect, the performance is perfect....one thing would make it better IMO....350 grains instead of 300 (better SD)

Whoever decided that it should be dropped needs to reevaluate that decision...given the recent surge of interest in high intensity 45-70 loads, the 300 grain Nosler Partition will be a good seller...I'd buy them by the bucketful if I knew they were going to be readily available in the future.

I was excited to load these for my G.G. and eventually a C.B. I am planning on getting soon, but alas by the time I finally started reloading, I could not get ahold of ANY, not ONE !!! I shoot ALOT of Nosler bullets in almost all of my guns, Except for my .45-70 , go figure..... Please bring back your 300gr .458 Partition PP. :(

kmsr25,

You are not alone in making this request. Welcome to the forum, and thanks for adding your voice to this request.

Heck yeah, I have 3 boxes of them and I am going to hoard them. I hunted with 20 of them this year and still have them so far. Hoping to draw blood with one of them and then retire them for elk or something. A 350gr FP AccuBond would be a huge hit with us 45-70/450 Marlin guys. Either way, I hope Nosler makes some more. I won't be really happy till I have another 2 boxes sitting in reserve. They are accurate and hold MOA out to 300 easily in my rifle! I push them 2330FPS out of my rifle and figure it would aerate anything out to 300 yards. Scotty

kmsr25

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here.

Your request, like the rest of us here, has been heard by Nosler.
Keep the 45-70 .458 cal 300 gr PP in full production. It is by far the best bullet offered for the 45-70!

JD338

Back