Recoil Pad

owenv

Beginner
Jun 24, 2007
Just installed a Limsaver recoil pad on my 325wsm a-bolt. Used Double Tap ammo 200gr. Accubonds, wow what a differance it made. About 1/2 the recoil and the pad fit the stolk perfectly.
1st shot low and a bit to the right. I was expecting the usual pounding & flinched.
2nd shot better.
Shots 3,4,5,6,7 dead on.

dayattherange.jpg

I have limbsavers on all of my rifles. they fit well and more importantly work well.
They definately help to reduce flinch on the heavy recoilers.

Nice shooting.

owenv

Welcome to the forum.
Nice shooting there. :grin:

JD338

Limbsavers do make a big diiference!.............I use the slip-on version; on at the range and off on the hunts. Better versatility than the permanently installed kind. 50% less in felt recoil is an adequate assessment!

A good recoil pad will make a huge difference. I added a Pachmyer Decelerator recoil pad (Limbsaver wasn't available at the time) on my 338 RUM. Turned in into a pussy cat, well almost....... :lol:

JD338

I put a Pachmyer Decelerator on my 338 WM, and a Limbsaver on my 375 Ruger, and they both work well.

Do you all prefer the slip on or the permanent ones.Seems to me the slip ons would seem kinda cheezy looking. I am considering them for my rifles as well.

Go with the grind to fit, it will look much better.
Here is a picture of my 338 RUM, recoil pad is a Pachmyer Decelerator pad.
JD700LSS338RUM2.jpg

JD338

Are the grind to fit recoil pads easy to install? I bought the Limbsaver model they recommended for my Savage 116FCSS but it was a terrible fit and I returned it. I have a Kick-Eez on it right now but would love to try the Limbsaver.

I am totally sold on the Pachmayr XLT Magnum. I had been using the F990 Pachmayr. Tip Burns, my gunsmith, recommended the new XLT Magnum when we switched stocks on my 7mm STW. It is 50 % softer than the Decelerator and won't break down with use.

Bob

XLT Magnum

VENT%20PAD.jpg

Back