Redding Full Length (FL) Bushing (B) Die

joelkdouglas

Handloader
Jun 5, 2011
I have a new Redding 7 MSM FL B die.

It's a bit different than the other 2 Redding FL B dies I have (for 30-06 and 6 BR). You can tell in the below picture that even with the bushing screwed all the way into the die, the die isn't sizing the entire neck. Probably only 75% of the neck. That's fine with me, I normally float the bushing a touch anyway so it has room to center on the neck.

Along with my other FL B die, the concentricity is very good. The best cases show brass runout of <0.001 inches, and the worst have concentricity out of tolerance of about 0.003 inches, plenty good for hunting. I have not seated any bullets in this resized brass yet, so I'm not sure what bullet runout is. I will post an update when I have more info.

I've definitely seen better bullet runout. About half of the rounds have runout about 0.005. Those are seated with a Redding standard seating die.

Anybody know how to improve runout from a Redding standard seating die? I normally use a sliding sleeve seater, and I almost never have runout greater than 0.003.

I could always run a 7 MSM chamber reamer into a 7mm Wilson die blank...that would solve the runout problem. I already have an arbor press. Wilson die blanks are only $35.

joelkdouglas":2dnn4i51 said:
I've definitely seen better bullet runout. About half of the rounds have runout about 0.005. Those are seated with a Redding standard seating die.

Anybody know how to improve runout from a Redding standard seating die? I normally use a sliding sleeve seater, and I almost never have runout greater than 0.003.

I could always run a 7 MSM chamber reamer into a 7mm Wilson die blank...that would solve the runout problem. I already have an arbor press. Wilson die blanks are only $35.

Maybe a collet sizing die would help, would it?

TackDriver284":3dvynbsa said:
joelkdouglas":3dvynbsa said:

Maybe a collet sizing die would help, would it?

I have seen the Lee collet dies produce brass that has very good concentricity, but the brass out of the sizing die seems very good. The seating die doubled the runout. :?

I'm seeing the same thing. Sized brass is very good, seated rounds show about the same as you are seeing for run out.

Back