Redfield scope

oscar1975

Beginner
Nov 20, 2010
Hi, I'm hoping to have a Weatherby Vanguard rifle Sinthetyc, 300 Weatherby caliber, which is equipped with a visor Pentaflex. I've read that the viewers Pentaflex leave much to be desired and considering my budget I had thought to equip the rifle display case with a Redfield 4-12x40 and I would like to know if any of you have a viewer Redfield, and you think of the viewer , optical quality, brightness, if the range of increases is appropriate to the size 300 Weatherby etc ...

Thank you very much and sorry for the inconvenience :oops: ,

Oscar.

Oscar I have a couple of range buddies that bought them. They have nothing but great things to say about them. They are made by Leupold and are of quality glass. What I an unaware of is whether or not they carry the Leupold life guarantee.

Bienvenido amigo... ¿En qué usted disparas en España?

I have a Redfield 4-12x40 with the Accu-Range reticle... it is a marvelous scope for $200 (US of course... pero no sé cuánto cuestan en España). They are nice and crisp optically... and more importantly they seem accurate and durrable... I've also had no issues with paralax shooting it on 12x. Sighted mine in well over 200 rounds ago, and it has bumped around on the front seat of the truck for a couple of months... it is still perfectly zeroed. I don't think a better 4-12 scope can be found for under $300.

Songdog":2bzsr74b said:

I have a Redfield 4-12x40 with the Accu-Range reticle... it is a marvelous scope for $200 (US of course... pero no sé cuánto cuestan en España). They are nice and crisp optically... and more importantly they seem accurate and durrable... I've also had no issues with paralax shooting it on 12x. Sighted mine in well over 200 rounds ago, and it has bumped around on the front seat of the truck for a couple of months... it is still perfectly zeroed. I don't think a better 4-12 scope can be found for under $300.

What rifle is it on Song?

Songdog":25v5d65t said:

Hi, I'm going to hunt mainly boar, even if one day my budget will allow me I would hunt a deer but I know the 300 Weatherby Magnum cartridge is too much for the little deer (as long weighs 30 kilos). On December 18 I have a hunt where I can shoot wild boar, deer and fallow deer, but I think by then I will not be available Weatherby so I'll take the Remington 700 caliber 338 Winchester Magnum tips 200 grain Power Point.

The display I'll buy in the U.S., this online store: http://www.theriflescopestore.com/, I think if it serves to Spain for their products. Anyway, thanks for your reply, I was very encouraged to buy the display.

Sincerely,

Oscar.

POP":2u7ennak said:
Oscar I have a couple of range buddies that bought them. They have nothing but great things to say about them. They are made by Leupold and are of quality glass. What I an unaware of is whether or not they carry the Leupold life guarantee.

Pop thanks for your answer, of course, a technical question about the forum, I want to put an avatar and the system tells me I can not be disabled. Where do I can enable?

Thanks,

Oscar.

POP":2qua1bcn said:
What rifle is it on Song?

It's currently on the .25-06... I like to play musical scopes... and experiment with stuff that the average guy can afford. So off with the Burris... and on with the Redfield. I really like it... I'd love it if it had an elevation turret that was easily usable. I think I'll order one of the Minox Z3 3-9s next week to play with on it.

Oh OK.

I was just wondering if it would take the pounding of a 338 or something like that.

071.gif

I can't speak for the new Redfields, but I currently "still" have two of the older 3X9 wide field view scopes.
One is atop a Rem 700 in 7 mag & the other Rem 700 in .17 Remington.
Both have been there since the early 70's - great scopes !

I have contemplating putting a 4x12 Redfield on something. It looks like a great scope. Plus, it does carry the lifetime warranty so it would have Leupolds backing if it ever went kapooey! Scotty

Last week I got 2 new Redfields; 2-7x33 and 3-9x40. Nothing to complain, better than VX-I scopes I think. Turrets with clicks, easier moving magnification ring, better image + all the good things that VX-I has in very cheap price. I also like the Accurange reticle, it's faster to use to running game than normal duplex, whits is in my opinion too thick in Leupolds...

My buddy just put a 3x9-40mm on a Remington 308. What a great scope! It is clear, it tracks like a really high priced scope and the Accu Range deal is pretty nice also. I am going to have to take another look at them. They seem very good for the money and they look GREAT. Leupold hit one out of the park with this scope I think. Scotty

I've got a 2-7 that's going on my Hawkeye .358, and I think I'm gonna pick up a 4-12 when I fly home on Thursday.

Crikey, a have a pile of scope to get mounted... one Minox Z3 3-9, a Leupy VX II LR Duplex, three Zeiss Conquest 3-9s... wow, I appear to have a thing for 3-9 scopes!

Looking forward to hearing about it. I am thinking of putting one on my 22-250. Scotty

BerettaShooter,

Welcome to the forum. It will be of interest to more than a few members to hear of your experience with your Redfield. Those Tikkas are fine shooting rifles. I'm hauling one to the range today (270 WSM) along with a Savage 111 (7 mm RM) and a semi-custom Remington CDL (300 WSM). Then, I have a few custom jobs to work up (300 RUM, 7mm RUM and 7mm STW). I'm always interested in other's experiences with scopes and rifles.

I have the 3-9X40mm version on my .300 RUM, with the Accu-Range reticle. I haven't had any issues with it thus far. Redfield also has a lifetime warranty, so how could you go wrong?!?

"FULL LIFETIME WARRANTY
Applies to Redfield Revolution™ Riflescopes.
Redfield is owned by Leupold & Stevens, Inc., an American, family-owned company that has been designing, machining, and assembling precision sighting devices for 100 years. Redfield's success has been built on our commitment to your absolute satisfaction, and our commitment to building the best optics for hunting and shooting sports. It's for these reasons that we offer the Redfield Riflescope Full Lifetime Warranty.

If any Redfield riflescope manufactured by Leupold & Stevens, Inc. is found to have defects in materials or workmanship, we will, at our option, repair or replace it. FREE. Even if your customer is not the original owner. No warranty card is required. No time limit applies.

Warranty is void if damage results from unauthorized repair, alteration, or misuse."

Hello I feel my absence, I had the computer out of play. In the course of time a friend gave me a 3-9x40 Shilba viewer I'm going to spend on a Remington 700 I have in the 338 Winchester Magnum cartridge. What can you tell me about this display?, The truth of the reviews I've read and heard are not very good.

Thank you,

Oscars.

Back