Retumbo and Alliant in stock at Powder Valley...

I get sick at my stomach when I see $400 for 8lb of Retumbo. A couple of years ago it was $180.
This isn't the ceiling either. Manufacturers and retailers are loving new reloaders who started after 2019.
It is not helping that most of the powder market is now under one ownership.

Consolidation is not a good thing for consumers whether it's medical care, groceries or primers. Hodgdon is close to a monopoly for powder.
Still no large rifle primers anywhere here, for any price. Plenty of 9mm and 223 ammo for cheap. Kinda blasting ammo tho for preppers who dream of trading it for alcohol when Mad Max happens.

Sure didn’t see where SEC scrutinized the consolidation of powder companies and being watchdog for consumers …. Think about that for a while regarding our gov t s true interests …. Just sayin …..

Sure didn’t see where SEC scrutinized the consolidation of powder companies and being watchdog for consumers …. Think about that for a while regarding our gov t s true interests …. Just sayin …..
I've been thinking about this also.
I didn't want to say it outloud.

I kinda wonder if the availability of 223 ammo here in WA has something to do with the recent outlawing of semi auto rifles?

I notice lots of lever action rifles of all kinds are in the sporting good store adds these days here. Used to be AR's.

I kinda wonder if the availability of 223 ammo here in WA has something to do with the recent outlawing of semi auto rifles?

I notice lots of lever action rifles of all kinds are in the sporting good store adds these days here. Used to be AR's.
I either forgot or didn't know WA outlawed ARs. That sucks! Aren't they a "commonly used firearm" ??

Is there a lawsuit to reverse or appeal that horsesh!t ??

I bet all serious Handloaders have enough powder on hand, of different burn rates, to last us the rest of our Life! lol You work up a practice load with the powder you know you won't shoot in a hunting load. You use sparingly the "favorite" powder for your serious Game Loads. You have some kind of smallbore, from Pellet Rifle to .22 Magnum, scoped, you can have a great time. Let the "gougers' eat their inventory, then buy it when its Sane again. But take a look at your Powder Magazine....you have it right there....I betcha an Ice Cold Diet Coke! L)

Back