Rifle Prices...

Made the mistake of killing time in Cabelas on Sunday afternoon. Found me a 250-3000.... They were selling some ones collection of Ruger #1's. Lots of unique calibers but of course when I saw the one in 250 Sav., Walnut and stainless, I got distracted. Til' I saw the price tag. $2849.00.... and the rear sight was broke! Lucky me... the water heater quit on Saturday... and that cost me WAY more than the rifle.... All the copper that should be around the lead I cant find is now sticking out the top of my water heater. What sort of dis-reality are we living in anyway!?!?!?

1980 was the yr they all show for the carbines. I believe 1983 was the last yr they made 788's? I have one in both a 7mm-08 and a 308. Are you saying you think they all were carbines in that yr? I always figured it was something that was offered in limited amounts along with the rifle lengths. I hear figures passed around occasionally about what 1 bought at an auction, but the two I have are the only ones I've seen here in person.
whenever they dropped the 6mm, after that the bottom metal was inletted into the stock, and the 243, 308 and 7mm/08 were all carbines. the 223, and 22-250 were still rifle length barrels. My memory is fuzzy on the years. I know the last rifle my dad bought was a 788 carbine, he passed in 88, didn't think he hunted that many seasons with it.

Back