Rifles on your "want" list?

Now how to the young people say it SWEEEET (y)!!
Very nice looking rifle in a great old calibre.

Blessings,
Dan

Mum had a Kiliminjaro Artemis that I really liked. Her:s was a 280 AI. I think I would get a 300 H & H

Unfortunately I have been to busy to hunt, so I should probably spend my money in a wiser manner, like a new brief case or laptop.

Best Regards

Jamila

Jamila,

My lass you are wrenching my heart in to knots.
Too busy to hunt, briefcase ? What vulgarity to come forth from sacred lips. :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

preacher":2a0ni8ki said:
Kimber Montana in .280 Ackley Improved....hey, it could happen!

Actually, I passed on the one that is available as I decided I wanted walnut. I also have 7mm covered by my 7mm Express/280 and my 7mm Rem Mag but still want a good bolt gun .270. I had my LGS Special Order an 84L Classic Select in .270 Winchester! It's actually backordered from Kimber but I'm in no hurry, and I have bookoo time to pay it out on layaway. I had an 84M in 7mm/08 that just left me wanting "more", sold it a couple years ago to help finance my MI hog hunt. I decided I wanted another "semi-fancy" wood stocked rifle, but I didn't want to have to put a lot of money in it right off. I do love Remington 700s (old ones I should add) but I never had one that didn't benefit ( sometimes desperately need) from blueprinting/pillar bedding, aftermarket trigger. Hey, you get all that with a Kimber! I like the Mod 700 CDL SF but I could end up putting $400 worth of work into one pretty easy! I also have my 7mm Express that shot so well and had a 7mm Mag made up, but my Mountain Rifle .270 disappointed me. I thought to myself, hey, why not get another Kimber but in .270 then I can wring it out and still have a nice lightweight rifle? I know Tikka's have a great reputation too, but I just can't seem to warm up to them, so that also helped in choosing the Kimber)So here I am, and waiting. My 7mm Express barrel is being put back on another 700 action (ADL nice wood) so I'll be back in business with it soon. At 62 ( and bolted together from stem to stern with plates/screws/figerglass/ titanium joints) I don't hit it as hard as I used to, so I shoot more now than I hunt. I still love it though, I just pick my hunts different now, more antelope, sage flat muleys ( or dark timber/aspen edges down game trails, lots of sitting/glassing) late season cow elk, exotics. Keeping the dream alive! ha Life is good!.

Jim, I'd love to hear about your Kimber. I believe I'd be a big fan of a Kimber just like you mentioned. If you aren't scared of doing a little bedding work I think you'll be happy. Hard to build a rifle today for with the components they use in Kimber but they just need a touch more attention during fitting.

BK":114etcr0 said:
Re-reading this thread, I've decided what I really need is a new safe...

I need another one too. I have 2 big ones stuffed full now. I'm trying not to buy another because when we build a new house in a few years it's going to have a vault and the safes with be worthless. I'm even going to brake down and sell a few but that just gives me room to finish some of the half finished ones.

This one is pretty cool though.

http://boise.craigslist.org/spo/5126626136.html

It needs to be a Coca Cola safe.
I'll have a Coke and a smile. :)

Kimber fell through...back ordered and no delivery time in sight. Bummer. I just traded the Mod 700 ADL '06 and a Glock in on a brand new Mod 700 CDL in .270. I would have taken a CDL SF if they had one in stock, but this rifle is really nice. Not flashy but has some nice grain, best part is fit & finish.

My first safe was a sheet metal cabinet that I mounted in a closet. I added a dummy conduit elbow, a high voltage sticker and caution sticker. I painted the cabinet utility grey and it really looked legit.

Scott

snookntarpon":3a58lkh6 said:
Blaser R8. Really would like to own one but can't get myself to pull the trigger on the purchase...
SnT
Yeah, they are pricey but from what I've seen of them they are accurate.

Rigbymauser":2xhnw426 said:
This is beginning to sound rather serious! Put it this way. To find the needle in the hay...remove the hay and the needle will eventually show up.
There is a guy here in Denmark who has a nice 1952 fullstocked(Stutzen) for sale in 7x57.

http://dk-arms.com/vaaben-91/langvaaben ... -1603.html

Now that looks really nice.... I mean it, a really very nice looking rifle.
I also just got my FAC renewed with the 7x57 authorised to acquire...Now there's a thing (y)

I manged to find my Model 39A and now the hunt is on for the Marlin 336 "Texan" in .35 Remington. This is another one I've been looking to find forever but the prices being asked are ridiculous. gunbroker had one, built in 1962 and I bid to $600.00 and quit and the last bid was (believe it or not) $800.00. The seller declined as he didn't feel the bid was high enough. (gotta be nuts).

Hmm a few I can think of:
Sako Black Bear in 9.3x62
Segley style 35 Whelen Springfield. I have the donor rifle waiting.
.280 AI Ltwt Mountain rifle.
.338-06 Ltwt Mountain rifle to match above.

Back