Rifles on your "want" list?

muleman":2rwsnqwo said:
244 Mashburn Improved on a pre'64 Win 70. High polish blue and and pretty walnut.

You never know when you'll find a set of dies. That would be a cool set up.

A Mannlicher Schoenauer M1924 Stutzen (Carbine) - 7x57/.275 Rigby in excellent original condition..naturally at 'bottom dollar' price (y)

Even a 1952 MS Stutzen in 7x57 Mauser is getting to be out of my price range now. In the US, there is no such thing as a MS Carbine for cheap anymore? Maybe in "Jolly Ole" it is easier to pull off such a deal?

In my ever challenging quest to "reduce" my herd it has increased by two rifles and a pistol in the last 10 months. I can't get rid of them fast enough, they just jump out of the jungle and attach themselves to me. All at significantly reduced prices.

Elkman":1xwftrl9 said:
In my ever challenging quest to "reduce" my herd it has increased by two rifles and a pistol in the last 10 months. I can't get rid of them fast enough, they just jump out of the jungle and attach themselves to me. All at significantly reduced prices.

Guns are like that, Bill. :mrgreen:

Oldtrader3":12j9n0jk said:
Even a 1952 MS Stutzen in 7x57 Mauser is getting to be out of my price range now. In the US, there is no such thing as a MS Carbine for cheap anymore? Maybe in "Jolly Ole" it is easier to pull off such a deal?

It's all in my dreams OT3. Even finding one for sale now is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

DrMike":e2sdofxs said:
Elkman":e2sdofxs said:

Guns are like that, Bill. :mrgreen:

They have a way of finding you. At least they do me.

I forgot one. I'd also like a A3-03 sporter. It doesn't even need to be a nice one or a custom. I guess even if I found a sporterized action that was already drilled and tapped for a scope, that would do. I just want one that I can hunt with. We had a stock military A3-03 in the gun cabinet growing up and it was such a slick action. But it is not a fun gun to shoot. Stock is all wrong, so it recoils harder than it should and you often punched yourself in the face with the trigger hand. But there's nothing like a worn in A3-03 or military mauser action. Eventually, I want a sporter I can hunt with. I'd never sporterize an original like our old one, but there are plenty out there already altered. BN

Re-reading this thread, I've decided what I really need is a new safe...

ElmerThud":37ujy24x said:
Oldtrader3":37ujy24x said:

It's all in my dreams OT3. Even finding one for sale now is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Well...How bad do you really want one?.

Rigbymauser":18ktf735 said:
ElmerThud":18ktf735 said:
Oldtrader3":18ktf735 said:

This is beginning to sound rather serious! :shock:

DrMike":c9e6all2 said:
Rigbymauser":c9e6all2 said:
ElmerThud":c9e6all2 said:
Oldtrader3":c9e6all2 said:

This is beginning to sound rather serious! :shock:

Put it this way. To find the needle in the hay...remove the hay and the needle will eventually show up.
There is a guy here in Denmark who has a nice 1952 fullstocked(Stutzen) for sale in 7x57.

http://dk-arms.com/vaaben-91/langvaaben ... -1603.html

Back