RIP BF375

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Fellas, the guy who nudged me and assisted me a ton with my first 7mm Mashburn Super Magnum passed away this morning. Very good dude and was always willing to burn up 15 minutes to as long as our batteries could hold out on good rifles, bullets and the 7mm Mashburn Super Magnum.

Bob Farese is a heckuva good dude and I am sure he's in Heaven tackling some of those big elk and deer up there. I gotta hope Heaven is chock full of good P64 Featherweights and 130 Partitions.

Great fella, got me hooked on the excellent Bitterroot Bonded Core as well He wasn't on here for a whole lot of time, but he was always a no nonsense type man who laid out his opinion from killing alot of big game animals in his time.

Here are a couple of shots of the old boy in a deer stand up in CT..

Pretty sure he was running a very nice P64 Featherweight 30-06..

Sent a couple pictures of him gunning it on the 300 yard range. He could still lay them in there with the best of them.

longrangehunter":1mxb5kdb said:
That's Sad to hear Scotty. I always say that we don't truly die until no one is left to remember us.

For sure Kevin, I believe the same. He was suffering pretty heavily towards the end, but he passed in his home with family...

The great ones are passing one-by-one. That means that someone must pick up the torch to continue the work. Perhaps someone posting here is to be the next one who will promote the sport that Bob loved. Thanks for notifying us, Scotty. The world is poorer for his absence. He did reveal a generous spirit in his willingness to share his knowledge.

DrMike":japaskm3 said:
The great ones are passing one-by-one. That means that someone must pick up the torch to continue the work. Perhaps someone posting here is to be the next one who will promote the sport that Bob loved. Thanks for notifying us, Scotty. The world is poorer for his absence. He did reveal a generous spirit in his willingness to share his knowledge.

For sure Mike. Great dude, like all of you old codgers.. :lol: I learned awhile back when you fellas spoke it usually wasn't just to hear yourselves talk. I have learned alot from him and all you all.

Seems he was a man to roam the tough country with. Always enjoyed his posts, his knowledge.

Guy

And probably his biggest passion was chasing these suckers around New England Lakes..

He was a man after my own heart since Bass fishing is also one of my passions. The struggle one experiences with a life and death struggle with a fish on the line is exhilarating. And a Bass never seems to give up even after you land them.

Thanks for sharing!
A ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for! Looks like Bob knew that! Praying for comfort for those who mourn him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Condolences to his family and to you Scotty. Thank you for the post and the pictures in his honor. RIP

Boy I'm sure sorry to hear that Scotty.
Only communicated via email with him a couple times but seemed to be a nice guy with lots of knowledge.
RIP Bob.

I had no idea he was even sick, I'm surprised to hear of it. He was posting just yesterday at another site, just shows how quickly life can change. RIP.

Did not know him but did read some of his posts. Sorry for the loss Scotty and I think you are right, he is doing some scouting in Heaven right now waiting for the rest of us to join him in camp some day.

Back