RL 22 Anyone?

DrMike":ko5z6pg3 said:
dewey7271":ko5z6pg3 said:
Isn't Norma MRP supposed to be similar?

Dewey

MRP is not RL22. At the very least they are drawn from different lots of powder. They are sufficiently similar in burn rate, however, that you won't be unduly hindered in working with MRP if RL22 has served you previously.

It looks like 7828, RL22, and MRP are all very close in burn rate, and should probably be useful in all cartridges one or another has been used. I would feel really good about having 8lbs of any of them at this point.

Yeah, I have about ten pounds of RL22, but it is going pretty fast as it is so versatile for such a large variety of cartridges.

Thanks to Corey, I think I found a supply! Doc, no joke about RL 22 being so versatile. It's ideal in everything I shoot: 270 Win, 280 AI, and 300 Win Mag. It was the only thing that made my kiddo's 270 sub-MOA. Nosler #7 has MRP right next to RL 22. I too have heard some really good things about MRP.
Joe

That's great news Joe. RL22 and 19 go a long way toward filling alot of my cartridges as well.

Guys, thanks for all the help! I scored 10 pounds of rl22 on our way to NM. Corey, thanks for the tip buddy! Cross your fingers for speed goats. Joe

EOD Diver":32qy61n7 said:
Guys, thanks for all the help! I scored 10 pounds of rl22 on our way to NM. Corey, thanks for the tip buddy! Cross your fingers for speed goats. Joe

That's great Joe. I need to start ordering 10lb's (of the same) at a time myself....

In a lot of calibers IMR7828 is nearly interchangeable with one more grain. I guess it's good I bought 30lbs of it way back when it was cheap and I still have 13-14lbs.

Good luck with that speed goat hunt and what unit ya hunting in Joe? Make sure to take home a couple sacks of Hatch green chili :) all the trophy goats are on private it seems as the ranchers feed them just inside their property lines :( we do have some big speed goats but Arizona has some giants as well !!

Back