RL22

I have used it in the 06/180 to get 2850fps, very accurate load. Also used it with my 338 Jarrett but found 26 to be a little better. I have cases prepped for the 257 Roberts so I can try it with 110s and 115s. Just need bullets.

^^^^ this ^^^^
And disregard what you read about RL22 not being temp stable. It's bashed alot on the internet. RL22 is my go to powder for the 280AI.

JD338
JD338 is spot on...

the temperature thing is such an overhyped superficial issue that is IMO a NONISSUE

I can't put my finger on when the temperature instability gibberish started but it became a trendy little thing that mfg's started touting.....
Because you know...
when the temperature changes.....
these reloads start shooting around corners. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

More game has been taken with Winchester Super X and Core-lokt ammunition than any other ammo...reload or factory..
Yet nobody ever had weather or temperature related issues
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

JD338 is spot on...

the temperature thing is such an overhyped superficial issue that is IMO a NONISSUE

I can't put my finger on when the temperature instability gibberish started but it became a trendy little thing that mfg's started touting.....
Because you know...
when the temperature changes.....
these reloads start shooting around corners. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

More game has been taken with Winchester Super X and Core-lokt ammunition than any other ammo...reload or factory..
Yet nobody ever had weather or temperature related issues
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
My goto in 300WBY with 200 grn AB ot PT. Friend, my son and I hunted Africa with three different rifles, same load

I'm one who has been pretty critical of RL22 in the past, and I have good reasons for that (personal experience, not read about it)... it can be temperamental.

BUT... it can also be pretty great.

I've used a good bit of MRP (exact same powder as 22, just a different label) in 270 and have come to love it in that round.

All that said... in any bottleneck round with similar case capacity or a little less than 30-06, its great with heavy bullets.

I still won't use it in a magnum round. 🙂

Last edited:
Reloader 22 has been scarce!

Love it for the:
6mm Remington, 95 & 100 gr bullets

25-06 with 110 & 115 gr bullets

257 Weatherby with any bullets

7mm Rem Mag with 160's

30-06 with the 180's

Seems to me I also used it in the 300 Win Mag, but that was a long doggone time ago

Back