Rol_P's Rem M700 with Loads for Montana ASR

NYDAN

Handloader
Sep 17, 2013
Rol_P was over today to sight-in a different scope on his Rem M700 CDL 30-06 and to try the loads he developed for the Montana ASR in the Rem M700.

It only took Roland one shot at 25 yards and one shot at 50 yards to get the scope on the Rem M700 sighted in. Then we shot the following target.

Roland's Rem M700 CDL with 180 PT's - Copy.JPG

Needless to say, Roland was very happy that this load shot well in the Rem as well as the Montana. He was grinning from ear to ear and looked something like this: :grin:

I am sorry that the photo is rotated. I can't seem to get it to post with the correct rotation.

Dan

That is some fine shooting, indeed. Looks as if that will serve him well. I do like the looks of the CDL line. I even have one myself. Though I don't normally bruit about that I own a Remington or two.

DrMike":1bz0trzp said:
That is some fine shooting, indeed. Looks as if that will serve him well. I do like the looks of the CDL line. I even have one myself. Though I don't normally bruit about that I own a Remington or two.
DrMike you can come out of the closet and say it in proud bold letters, I own a Remington :grin:

I see the propellant used (IMR 4451) is one that is rapidly working it's way to the top of my list of favorites. Good golly, this is as if someone raided my safe. Preferred platform (commonly refered to as the rifle), caliber, projectile, propellant,

This combo should be good from, as far south as one would care to go to the Artic Circle and beyond.

I've become weary of the constant parade of synthetic stocks offered by all manufactures, and as a result have been considering acquiring a 700 CDL.

If Big Green offered a CDL in 6.5 Creedmoor it would have happened already.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

(y)

Very nice! I'm kind of fond of the .30-06 & Rem 700 CDL myself...

Good shooting, and wow, looks like a great load.

Guy

Very nice Rol. I've got one of those CDLs in a 35 Whelen... it's a good rifle...

Seems like your in great shape with those two 06's.

Good to see how well 4451 is working for you.

I like the IMR 4451, the Remington has been action bedded, barrel free floats and a Timney trigger installed. Any suggestions on how to clean up the trigger? Checking with a pull gauge it varies from just over 2 lbs to a little over 3 lbs.

Rol_P":7vtchymu said:
I like the IMR 4451, the Remington has been action bedded, barrel free floats and a Timney trigger installed. Any suggestions on how to clean up the trigger? Checking with a pull gauge it varies from just over 2 lbs to a little over 3 lbs.

I'd do a Timney in it Rol. I think you'll be money ahead and like it much more.

Back