Rookie reloader question

I would say that 98 percent of the rifles shot here are not original from the factory, and if they are, are not in need of fine tuning loads. Saying this, I'm just trying to save the OP a lot time and aggravation. If he has a accurate platform to start, well then have at it.

I tune loads for every rifle I own, including the few factory rifles I have. Spent two years testing bullets and powders in a Marlin 1895SBL.

Isn't that all part of the disease? (y) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I load for all my rifles because I thought I needed to due my father in law said I should to see which bullet/powder/brass comination would be the most accurate. Maybe for varmint hunting at long range but not big game. However, it wouldn't be the same just waiting for hunting season to roll around with nothing to do in between. Yes, it started out as an obsession and slowly turning into a bunch of stuff taking up room. I find my self boxing up stuff to trade at a local gun shop for less stuff I can actually use. I started a thread on bullet tests, about a box of 225 PT's I got in trade from a gunshop, that I doubt very much I'll ever use, not in the .35 Remington. The other day I told myself, no more buying bullets........ I found myself almost buying another box, not thinking they were too long, barnes TTSX... for the .35 Rem. So I walked out of Cabelas a content man, saying, I have enough junk, this is crazy.

Unfortunately I just like monkeying with rifles. :grin: I hunt as many as I can but just like foolin with them and occasionally letting them show off for me.
I've hit "good enough" so many times I can't keep track but then I just have to monkey again. Just my form of fun.
Different strokes I guess?

What's good enough for me may not be for another shooter or vice versa.
It's the journey that's fun, wherever that may lead.
The beauty of it is we each get to determine where or what that is.

Back