Rotate your hunting rifles

Many factors come into play as already mentioned...
New rifle...
New load to try...
New ammo or bullet to try...
New animal to hunt...
An old favourite that is calling for attention...
A hunt that just begs for a certain rifle...lever action in the dark timber...flat shooting cartridge for a plains or open tundra hunt...larger rifle for that potential bison I may come across on a moose hunt...that one rifle that can handle any situation/animal I may come across on that hunt...or that certain rifle that is better suited for tracking wounded game in the thick brush...the best rifle suited for back up for guiding/archery hunting/etc....or best rifle that fits the rifle/atv scabbard...etc.
Just love that I am lucky enough to have the variety to fill such needs!

I have also been blessed to pick up different rifles over the years and love to rotate to the next one that I haven’t taken a deer with yet. This past off season I had a sweet little Swede in 6.5x55 that I gave to a dear friend of mine to enjoy as a short compact woods rifle that was a joy to carry and hunt with. It worked well for me many years until this year when I finally found a rifle that had eluded me since I was a teenager. Marlin 336 in 35 Remington. This particular one has the JM stamped barrel and was made in the 60s. I hand loaded some ammo and I am ready to go into those WV hills and try the ol girl out.

Back